Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Yeah about this achievement....
Posted By: Revenant1988 <dga1988@yahoo.com>Date: 11/28/11 4:40 p.m.

In Response To: Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseEnds) (RC Master)

: So I've been having some fun doing commentaries and editing videos together
: recently so, upon request, I did a quick run-through of Keyes in HCEA to
: show how to get the 'Tying Up Loose Ends' achievement.

:

: My achievement guides have been more popular than my HCEA LASO runs so far :P

: Speaking of LASO, I have videos for two further levels up: AotCR and The
: Maw . As far as I know, these are the first videos of these two levels on
: this mode.

So, I KNOW for a fact, I missed 2 elites on Keyes trying to get the achievement. I was playing through on legendary and I ran past the two on the ground with the hunters and the flood coming out of the coolant pool (the area where you get the sniper and realize its pointless). I ran by them not thinking at the time, at that point I was just trying beat the game on legendary. When I got to the end of the level in the hangar, I decided that I might as well try to kill the rest so I know where they are at.

You see, when I used to play back in the day, I NEVER, EVER worked my way down the halls to get to the banshee; I would drop from the 3rd floor to the spirit dropship, to the middle platform, to the banshee. I've basically been cheesing that level since 2002 and not even knowing it.

SO, my thoughts are- either its ONLY the elites in that final hanger sequence that need to be killed, or maybe the flood killed the elites that I didn't and it still counted.

This is what makes me really, really wish I could go back with saved films. Maybe frank can give us the final answer on this one?

Message Index

Replies:

Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseEnds)RC Master 11/28/11 3:00 p.m.
     Re: Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseELouis Wu 11/28/11 3:09 p.m.
           Yep, he's there on your run, too.Louis Wu 11/28/11 3:11 p.m.
                 Re: Yep, he's there on your run, too.RC Master 11/28/11 4:44 p.m.
           Re: Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseEJoe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) 11/28/11 3:15 p.m.
                 Re: Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseEBry 11/28/11 3:26 p.m.
     Yeah about this achievement....Revenant1988 11/28/11 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Yeah about this achievement....RC Master 11/28/11 4:48 p.m.
           Re: Yeah about this achievement....stabbim 11/28/11 9:48 p.m.
     Re: Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseEHomeboyd 11/28/11 10:32 p.m.
           Re: Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseERC Master 11/29/11 5:00 a.m.
     Re: Need help finding those Elites? (TyingUpLooseECaptain Spark 11/28/11 11:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.