glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!
Posted By: Cody MillerDate: 7/7/11 1:48 a.m.

In Response To: Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids! (NOKYARD)

: Bungie Day Special Presentation is up.

On one hand, I am happy to see fast runs with excellent sword flying.

On the other hand, these runs are coming from the guy who spliced together a 'No Death Single Segment run' and tried to pass it off as legit. Speedrunning still relies a lot on trust and honesty, because if someone wants it bad enough, they can probably find a way to cheat without getting noticed. My trust was violated last time, and now I can't enjoy these fully because in the back of my mind I'm wondering if these too are spliced together at the deaths or reverts.

Sites like SDA take verification very seriously, because if trust is broken it impacts our whole hobby. If I were you and still running the site, I would not be posting Mr. Monopoli's runs.

I see nothing to indicate there is foul play, and what's presented is quite an accomplishment indeed, but that's the point I'm making. If they are legit, I can't fully enjoy them because the runner is not trustworthy, and that saddens me, especially since they are now all official records on Legendary.

HRINC

Message Index

Replies:

HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!*RC Master 7/5/11 5:02 p.m.
     Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!General Vagueness 7/5/11 8:34 p.m.
           Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!General Vagueness 7/5/11 8:37 p.m.
           Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!RC Master 7/6/11 7:27 a.m.
     Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!NOKYARD 7/6/11 7:07 p.m.
           Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!Cody Miller 7/7/11 1:48 a.m.
                 Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!NOKYARD 7/7/11 1:17 p.m.
                       Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!Cody Miller 7/7/11 2:57 p.m.
                             Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!General Vagueness 7/7/11 3:55 p.m.
                             Re: HSH pre-Bungie day celebration catch-up *vids!NOKYARD 7/7/11 7:27 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.