Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The High Charity one rocks!
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 6/30/11 9:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The High Charity one rocks! (Hedgemony)

: Sweet pose. I'll whip something up. You wanna answer my question now? lol

: -Hedge.

Sorry, I thought you were joking, actually. You're subtle like that. I also jokingly answered when someone correctly posted the answer.

It is the Index programming she retained from Installation 04 that is her 'secret' from the Gravemind. In sending her transmission to Earth on the Flood-infested cruiser, she was aware 'it's not safe...the Gravemind...it known I'm in the system'. She was aware the Gravemind knew she was informing her people to go through the portal ton the Ark.

I'm purporting that Cortana knew about the Ark and about a replacement Halo installation nearing completion. When the Chief finds her on High Charity, he asks simply if she has "it", and she produces the holographic image of the Index...they're both on the same page.

The Chief likely found out when it was foreshadowed in the Cartographer hologram...you can see a purple Halo ring at the Ark's center and Spark notices too but remains cryptic...I'm assuming the Chief figured it out or was at least aware it was a possibility.

Since Cortana and the Chief both know Cortana retains the Index and he's intent on fighting past Flood to get to her, that she contains something valuable.

Since it lifted its way from the Ark's foundry, the Gravemind knows about Installation 04b. He deduces what Cortana's carrying since he had 'listened in' on the transmission she prepared for the Chief on the cruiser. He's now pieced together that her plan to stop the Flood without wiping out all life in the galaxy was to trick the Flood to concentrating its forces to the Ark and then setting off a local Halo ring to destroy all life well outside the galaxy.

That's the short version. You asked. ;)

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

I love you two times *IMGS*Hedgemony 6/30/11 3:26 a.m.
     The High Charity one rocks!NsU Soldier 6/30/11 7:39 a.m.
           Re: The High Charity one rocks!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/30/11 7:45 a.m.
                 Re: The High Charity one rocks!Hedgemony 6/30/11 8:04 a.m.
                       Re: The High Charity one rocks!BlueNinja 6/30/11 8:17 a.m.
                             Re: The High Charity one rocks!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/30/11 8:40 a.m.
                       Re: The High Charity one rocks!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/30/11 8:43 a.m.
                             Re: The High Charity one rocks!Hedgemony 6/30/11 8:51 a.m.
                                   Re: The High Charity one rocks!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/30/11 9:11 a.m.
                                         Re: The High Charity one rocks!Hedgemony 6/30/11 9:17 a.m.
                                               Re: The High Charity one rocks!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/30/11 12:12 p.m.
                                         Re: The High Charity one rocks!CaneCutter 6/30/11 10:35 a.m.
                                               Re: The High Charity one rocks!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/30/11 12:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: The High Charity one rocks!CaneCutter 6/30/11 12:57 p.m.
           Re: The High Charity one rocks!Hedgemony 6/30/11 7:56 a.m.
                 Re: The High Charity one rocks!NsU Soldier 6/30/11 7:59 a.m.
                 Re: The High Charity one rocks!Mazz 6/30/11 8:25 a.m.
                       Re: The High Charity one rocks!Hedgemony 6/30/11 8:33 a.m.
                             Re: The High Charity one rocks!Kermit 6/30/11 10:15 a.m.
                             Re: The High Charity one rocks!Louis Wu 6/30/11 10:18 a.m.
                                   Re: The High Charity one rocks!Hedgemony 6/30/11 10:23 a.m.
                                         Re: The High Charity one rocks!CaneCutter 6/30/11 10:37 a.m.
                                         Re: The High Charity one rocks!bluerunner 6/30/11 10:45 a.m.
                                               Bluerunner, like life, will find a way.NsU Soldier 6/30/11 11:26 a.m.
     Re: I love you two times *IMGS*Kermit 6/30/11 7:51 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.