Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*
Posted By: Btcc22 <btcc22@touringnet.co.uk>Date: 6/12/11 4:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat* (o0MrCheesy0o)

: Either way, it's different. Copying and pasting the already given code isn't
: going to cut it. I'm also assuming XBL has different protocols for
: handling online then what you'd normally get on the PC. You can't really
: just say, "they already had access to functioning multiplayer
: code."

: I'm not a coder or that knowledgeable about the models, so I can't really say
: for sure, but a member of 343 in one of the videos was saying they were
: contemplating creating a peer to peer model for CEA. So, unless peer to
: peer is slang for a model where the "server isn't completely
: authoritative" I'm still going to be thinking it's peer to peer. I'm
: open to being wrong, though.

A lot of people seem to call the classic client-server model peer to peer when it's done over Xbox Live for some reason. I can understand why given that the server is also a client but it's not technically correct.

Halo isn't peer to peer but client-server. :)

As for the code being different, true, they'd have to make *some* adjustments. However, it would mostly be there, especially if they used the superior beta netcode. The release code was pretty shoddy as Microsoft added in a 56k support mandate.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*INSANEdrive 6/10/11 4:33 p.m.
     Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*Leisandir 6/10/11 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*Frankie 6/10/11 4:42 p.m.
                 What is this... I don't even. O_o *NM*INSANEdrive 6/10/11 4:46 p.m.
                       Re: What is this... I don't even. O_o=sw=warlord 6/10/11 5:16 p.m.
                 Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*BlueNinja 6/10/11 6:16 p.m.
                       Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*Phoenix_9286 6/10/11 6:30 p.m.
                             Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*o0MrCheesy0o 6/11/11 1:49 a.m.
                                   HBO uses HTML here, not BBcode o0MrCheesy0oINSANEdrive 6/11/11 8:58 a.m.
                                         Re: HBO uses HTML here, not BBcode o0MrCheesy0oo0MrCheesy0o 6/11/11 10:59 a.m.
     Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*Btcc22 6/11/11 10:53 a.m.
           Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*o0MrCheesy0o 6/11/11 10:58 a.m.
                 Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*Btcc22 6/11/11 3:05 p.m.
                       Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*o0MrCheesy0o 6/12/11 4:26 a.m.
                             Re: Halo : Custom Edtion may help H:CEA *IM Chat*Btcc22 6/12/11 4:43 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.