glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

If we're talking canon in regards to logo...
Posted By: Avateur <avateur@gmail.com>Date: 6/8/11 4:59 a.m.

In Response To: Honeycomb? (newguy)

And I really really hope we are talking canon, and considering that Bungie always tried to fit the logo to match the feel of each game, I would say this logo screams out about Mendicant Bias and the Forerunner.

The planet or whatever that thing is at the end of the Halo 3 Legendary and in Halo Legends Origins II clearly shows that little glyph on it, the honeycomb bit was all throughout the backgrounds of the Terminals in Halo 3, and the glyph showing up in Cortana's eyes in Origins II would appear to confirm or hint at Mendicant Bias having taken over Cortana, though for now possibly just watching and waiting until the time is right to assume control.

In the comic mini-series Halo: Blood Line, the monitor 686 Ebullient Prism managed to hack into the Spartan's armor and used it to completely bypass Iona's (the human AI in Blood Line in one of the Spartan's helmets) defenses without her being aware and, eventually letting Iona know she had been hacked into, attempted to destroy her interfaces.

Mendicant Bias was the first place we saw the honeycomb stuff used during the Iris ARG, and in the last Terminal on Legendary he did say that Master Chief would act as the example to let his makers know that he had atoned for his sins and changed. Assuming he really has hacked into Cortana and has somehow helped this half of FUD get to this particular point in the universe at this particular planet, I'd say the logo is a perfect fit and only excites me more for what's to come considering the amount of attention paid to the small details and aspects of canon. If this is all just a random coincidence, well then damn that sucks. :P

Message Index

Replies:

Hi-Res Logo, Title, and Screenshots of Halo 4Asian Inferno 6/8/11 4:04 a.m.
     thankyounomis78 6/8/11 4:07 a.m.
           Re: thankyouAsian Inferno 6/8/11 4:34 a.m.
     Honeycomb?newguy 6/8/11 4:30 a.m.
           Re: Honeycomb?Archilen 6/8/11 4:33 a.m.
           If we're talking canon in regards to logo...Avateur 6/8/11 4:59 a.m.
                 Re: If we're talking canon in regards to logo...goCHIEFgo 6/8/11 6:26 a.m.
                 Re: If we're talking canon in regards to logo...thebruce0 6/8/11 7:49 a.m.
           Re: Honeycomb?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/8/11 7:32 a.m.
           Re: Honeycomb?Mazz 6/8/11 8:21 a.m.
                 Re: Honeycomb?Beckx 6/8/11 10:09 a.m.
                       Re: Honeycomb?Document 6/8/11 2:09 p.m.
                             Re: Honeycomb?Beckx 6/8/11 2:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Honeycomb?Document 6/8/11 2:52 p.m.
           Honeycomb's big, yeah yeah yeahBeckx 6/8/11 10:04 a.m.
                 LOL. Misty water-colored memories *NM*Kermit 6/8/11 10:20 a.m.
                 Re: Honeycomb's big, yeah yeah yeahDagoonite 6/8/11 10:38 a.m.
                 So you're saying the portal in the trailer is...bluerunner 6/8/11 10:57 a.m.
     OK, now that I've gotten a good look at itpadraig08 6/8/11 9:22 a.m.
     Re: Hi-Res Logo, Title, and Screenshots of Halo 4CaptainTony 6/8/11 11:28 a.m.
           Re: Hi-Res Logo, Title, and Screenshots of Halo 4Asian Inferno 6/8/11 4:50 p.m.
                 Re: Hi-Res Logo, Title, and Screenshots of Halo 4CaptainTony 6/8/11 5:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.