Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Are you misinterpreting this?
Posted By: va1or <m.j.durrin@gmail.com>Date: 6/4/11 2:18 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT* (Jillybean)

: I couldn't imagine Faith going through that trailer like Lara did. And I
: couldn't imagine Chell going through the trailer either. So damned
: passive! Infuriating.

I don't see what's so passive about Lara here. Remember, this is an origin story. They basically telegraph that she is a recent college (?) grad and has been on no death defying adventures. So when the ship gets flooded and she gets trapped underwater, she is discovering her will to survive. She's not Super-Lara yet?. Yeah someone helps her out, but she is fighting for her life. She makes a terrifying leap, misses her target, washes up to shore on a capsized boat and then starts getting all Rambo complete with bloodied face and painfully fastens dressing to her own wounds.

Besides, I may be wrong, but I think you may be misinterpreting the entire thing. I think the mystery man whose arms we see only and the man who is yelling to her to jump are the same man. A phantom in her mind. Why, do we only see the rescuer's arms and why, as soon as she is out of the water does he disappear and not also run and jump? Perhaps it's her mental image of her father or a mentor who trained her. It's when he starts helping her that she speaks of finding something inside ourselves to go on. In other words, she is seeing this important figure as an inspiration, compelling her to be strong.

I know almost nothing of Tomb Raider fiction and may be completely wrong here. Anyways, I like the gritty track they are taking here. I had zero interest in Tomb Raider before. This looks far more interesting to me anyway.

Message Index

Replies:

Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Jillybean 6/3/11 11:20 a.m.
     Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Beckx 6/3/11 11:29 a.m.
           Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Leviathan 6/3/11 11:38 a.m.
           Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*DMFanella 6/3/11 1:24 p.m.
                 Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*JDQuackers 6/3/11 1:41 p.m.
                       Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Beckx 6/3/11 1:58 p.m.
                             Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*JDQuackers 6/3/11 2:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Beckx 6/3/11 2:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*munky-058 6/3/11 2:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Beckx 6/3/11 2:22 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*munky-058 6/3/11 3:17 p.m.
           Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Rockslider 6/4/11 11:14 a.m.
     Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Cody Miller 6/3/11 11:56 a.m.
           Let me rescript a littleJillybean 6/3/11 6:44 p.m.
                 Re: Let me rescript a littleBeckx 6/3/11 6:51 p.m.
                 Re: Let me rescript a littleCody Miller 6/3/11 7:04 p.m.
                       Re: Let me rescript a littleJillybean 6/3/11 7:06 p.m.
                             Re: Let me rescript a littleCody Miller 6/3/11 7:07 p.m.
                                   Re: Let me rescript a littleJillybean 6/3/11 7:11 p.m.
                 Re: Let me rescript a littleCaptain Spark 6/3/11 7:05 p.m.
     I don't get any of you peoples....munky-058 6/3/11 12:09 p.m.
           Re: I don't get any of you peoples....Beckx 6/3/11 12:26 p.m.
                 Re: I don't get any of you peoples....Frankie 6/3/11 1:03 p.m.
                       Re: I don't get any of you peoples....munky-058 6/3/11 1:08 p.m.
                             Re: I don't get any of you peoples....Beckx 6/3/11 1:55 p.m.
                                   Re: I don't get any of you peoples....munky-058 6/3/11 2:07 p.m.
                                         Re: I don't get any of you peoples....Beckx 6/3/11 2:14 p.m.
                                               Re: I don't get any of you peoples....Bry 6/3/11 3:43 p.m.
                       Re: I don't get any of you peoples....Cody Miller 6/3/11 1:09 p.m.
           Re: I don't get any of you peoples....Miguel Chavez 6/4/11 11:37 a.m.
     Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*DMFanella 6/3/11 1:31 p.m.
           Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Jillybean 6/3/11 6:47 p.m.
                 Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Cody Miller 6/3/11 6:59 p.m.
                       Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Jillybean 6/3/11 7:00 p.m.
                             Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Ragashingo 6/4/11 1:19 a.m.
                 Are you misinterpreting this?va1or 6/4/11 2:18 a.m.
                       Re: Are you misinterpreting this?va1or 6/4/11 2:34 a.m.
     Re: Tomb Raider trailer out *OT*Leisandir 6/4/11 12:45 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.