Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Some additional info
Posted By: dukemeiser <dukemeiser@gmail.com>Date: 4/11/11 11:23 p.m.

In Response To: Some additional info (dukemeiser)

I need to make a correction on #2: It WILL interrupt your score. It may or may not interrupt your kill streak. My sprees continued after I saved and quit up to Invincible. After that I made it to 493 (if I added right) and then played some coop to get the daily challenges. When I went back to Pillar of Autumn I wasn't able to get anymore sprees. Inconceivable should have been next but it never came up even after killing 200 enemies. So I'm thinking maybe switching to coop killed my streak, so beware. I gave up and finished the mission. Guess I'll have to try again some other time.

Before you start, check your Right of Way commendation and write down the number. You can use this when you Save and Quit to track your progress. There is no way of knowing how close you are to 1000 when you are playing.

I did my run on Heroic Rally Point Alpha. The Elite in the smelting room had a Concussion Rifle. MAKE SURE you keep some frag grenades when you get to the trick jumps. I had used all mine on enemies and had to betray my marines to get one.

When your shooting you can COMPLETELY ignore Emile. He says things like "Phantom inbound", "Banshee!", and "Bus load of Echo Tangos coming in". (E.T. as in Extra Terrestrials...har har). His spewing seems to be random and didn't sync with any kind of spawns or proximity. It took me a few times of quickly scanning the foreground before I realized what he said wasn't true.

When you go up, make SURE your second weapon is a fully loaded DMR. When you're done and want to finish the level you can use it to pick off the remaining enemies to bring the next wave allowing you to destroy the Phantom(s) that would have dropped off more Covenant. You can't shoot the Phantom on the lower right, so you'll have to pick them off again unless you want to drop down.

A Pelican will show up with marines. You CANNOT shoot it. Your reticle turns green, but your round goes through it. ;)

You can use your extra Concussion rounds to knock Emile off the platform. He won't do anything though. The Covenant will completely ignore him and he will completely ignore them. He continues to scan the sky for Banshees shouting them out at random. You can even push him up to the platform where Keyes takes the package. If you do he will appear in the cut scene on the platform even though he's being assassinated by the Zealots. After the cutscene he disappears.

In your game history it will give you credit for "Covenant Pilot" kills - the same number as the Banshees you killed. Disregard the Pilot kills toward your streak, only the vehicles seemed to count toward your total.

Message Index

Replies:

7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (Tutorial)RC Master 3/28/11 2:05 p.m.
     Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (TutoriMoorpheusl9 3/28/11 2:26 p.m.
           Yeah, and does it add to any commendations? *NM*Sqorck 3/28/11 2:31 p.m.
           Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (TutoriRC Master 3/28/11 2:52 p.m.
     Thanks RC! *NM*Beckx 3/28/11 4:24 p.m.
     Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (Tutoristabbim 3/28/11 5:23 p.m.
           MAC Cannons on POA don't count! *NM*INSANEdrive 3/28/11 5:30 p.m.
           Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (TutoriRC Master 3/28/11 7:25 p.m.
     Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (TutoriButtskunk 3/28/11 6:05 p.m.
     ugh.Phoenix_9286 3/28/11 6:05 p.m.
           Re: ugh.RC Master 3/28/11 7:41 p.m.
     Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (Tutorisquidnh3 3/28/11 6:59 p.m.
           Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (TutoriRC Master 3/28/11 7:31 p.m.
     Re: 7,777,777 pts and Unfrigginbelievable! (TutoriLord Friendship 3/29/11 9:39 a.m.
           Some additional infodukemeiser 4/10/11 1:25 p.m.
                 Re: Some additional infodukemeiser 4/11/11 11:23 p.m.
                       Some additional, additional infoSEspider 4/13/11 4:03 p.m.
     80,000 weeklydukemeiser 4/11/11 6:23 a.m.
           Re: 80,000 weeklyAzo 'Galvat 4/11/11 8:22 p.m.
                 Re: 80,000 weeklydukemeiser 4/11/11 11:25 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.