Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need Feedb
Posted By: AsiansOnFire <CloneCommanderFelix@hotmail.com>Date: 5/13/10 10:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need Feedb (TDSpiral)

: The voice acting is actually decent (it isn't annoying like a lot of other
: machinima I've seen, and you seemingly didn't put a stupid filter over the
: voices). However, and I realize you don't have to be grade A actors here,
: but the characters are lacking in appropriateness, emotionality, and
: wholeness.

: The Lieutenant Zu (sp?) in Part 1 didn't seem the least bit freaked out that
: Regret just jumped from the last human stronghold and left New Mombasa to
: rot. You don't have to oversell it, but he could look a little bit busier
: (running around, trying to find out what went wrong). In the episode, he's
: just standing there relaying information like a robot.

: In fact, a lot of them just kind of stand around when they should be on the
: move. Also, there are some awkward pauses between dialogue that just make
: it... awkward.

Some behind the scenes info...I had no one except with voices to help out. The scenes with more than one character was me with four controllers, being slightly controlled using my hands and feet. I wrote it, filmed it, edited it, body acted 95% of it, and voiced probably 50% of it with three others helping with the other 50%. Just look at those scenes like the Hog (where I'm driving with an empty controller) and things like the Intro (With the two ONI guards in the back) and you'll see that it was a pain to try making them move.

The problem lies in that no one was ever willing to help. I had ads advertising, but barely got replies when I did. If I had people willing to commit, it'd make it a hell of a lot easier and better with the work load that I had placed in it.

Message Index

Replies:

COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need Feedback!AsiansOnFire 5/13/10 8:39 p.m.
     Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need Feedbpadraig08 5/13/10 9:29 p.m.
     Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need FeedbAglor 5/13/10 10:15 p.m.
     Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need FeedbTDSpiral 5/13/10 10:28 p.m.
           Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need FeedbAsiansOnFire 5/13/10 10:42 p.m.
                 Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need FeedbTDSpiral 5/13/10 10:57 p.m.
                       Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need FeedbAsiansOnFire 5/13/10 11:23 p.m.
                             Re: COMMAND Machinima, Reboot Possible, Need FeedbTDSpiral 5/13/10 11:34 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.