Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*
Posted By: Someone <joshguenther@gmail.com>Date: 11/8/09 5:56 p.m.

Alrighty.

Just watched the first Halo Legends episode, "The Babysitter"

I'm going to make this short and sweet. There are a few reasons why Halo Legends bugs the hell out of me.

1. An ODST in the beginning of the episode sits at the table and does a Japanese praying hand gesture before he's about to eat. Wtf?

2. They make the Spartan seem completely robotic for most of the episode, and also 8-9 ft tall.

3. Though I have no problem with a female Spartan character, for the love of god why does she have flowing blonde hair? Totally against military regulation and just ridiculous. Obviously part of the Anime art style and just way they handle things I suppose.

4. A Spartan doesn't die as easily as the does. The is bio-engineered and augmented to have unbreakable bones, extremely fast healing ability and are just straight-up near indestructible. I've never heard of a Spartan dieing in any of the books from blunt force trauma to the arm. The marine at the end was damn right when he said something akin to "Aren't those guys suppose to be indestructible?" Yes they are, or pretty damn close.

5. Brutes are 15 feet tall. Since when?

6. The main ODST's hair. Why do the animators feel compelled to ruin the authenticity of anything coming from the Halo Universe by giving him Cowboy Beebop hair? At least try to make the characters feel real, don't leave it solely up to the voice actors.

Seeing as how the first episode was below my already lowered expectations, I look forward to the next one since I don't see how it could possibly make me face-palm any more than I did during the first.

Giving this episode a 2/5 stars.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*Someone 11/8/09 5:56 p.m.
     Re: Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*rhubarb 11/8/09 6:28 p.m.
     Re: Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*Bry 11/8/09 6:30 p.m.
     Re: Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*ArteenEsben 11/8/09 7:08 p.m.
           Re: Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*Leisandir 11/8/09 8:22 p.m.
           Right on about the hammer.InnerRayg 11/8/09 8:26 p.m.
           Minor minor detail...iMonkey777 11/8/09 9:06 p.m.
                 Re: Minor minor detail...Hikaru-119 11/8/09 9:18 p.m.
                       Re: Minor minor detail...Leisandir 11/8/09 9:38 p.m.
                             Re: Minor minor detail...Hikaru-119 11/8/09 10:19 p.m.
                                   Re: Minor minor detail...Leisandir 11/8/09 10:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Minor minor detail...Hikaru-119 11/8/09 10:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Minor minor detail...ArteenEsben 11/8/09 11:34 p.m.
                                                     Re: Minor minor detail...Metalingus627 11/9/09 4:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: Minor minor detail...InnerRayg 11/9/09 9:46 p.m.
                             Re: Minor minor detail...slurpeekilla 11/8/09 10:19 p.m.
                       Re: Minor minor detail...Frankie 11/8/09 10:51 p.m.
                             Just because I've never said it before...AngelicLionheart 11/9/09 1:36 a.m.
                                   Re: Just because I've never said it before...Archilen 11/9/09 2:29 a.m.
                                   Re: Just because I've never said it before...GrimBrother One 11/9/09 12:52 p.m.
                                         Re: Just because I've never said it before...Archilen 11/9/09 1:03 p.m.
                 Nope.7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 11/8/09 9:19 p.m.
           Re: Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*Someone 11/9/09 12:25 a.m.
     Re: Halo Legends... *Sigh* *SP*Narcogen 11/9/09 2:15 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.