glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?
Posted By: gspawnDate: 7/16/08 3:34 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed? (Ross Mills)

: I think it was a major bargaining chip in them being independent.
: And with that, I'm going to step away from this thread. Too many posts by me.

This is a hard issue, and I know that this is a bad thing to say at the moment, but it *is* a good thing that Microsoft can have an e3 without Halo. It wasn't a great e3 conference by any standard (aside from OMG FF13MEGATON) , but then again Sony and especially Nintendo didn't do any better. Microsoft thinking they had it in the bag and needed to save Halo for a later date was, after looking at the conferences, not that bad of a decision IMHO. It also demonstrates that Bungie is truly a third-party company (or second-party, sort of) and subject to the same rules as everyone else.

But letting Bungie push forward with the announcement, getting everyone's hopes up and all, then letting that bite them in the ass was *not* a correct decision. FF13 isn't coming out this year (for either console), so claiming Bungie was next year doesn't fly either.

Maybe if Microsoft had gone into this thing telling Bungie they were on the second-string following the casual focus and FF13 announcement, and that Bungie should stay quiet so Microsoft could show it still had legs, then I could possibly understand that. Maybe that even happened- I don't have that information.

I also just want to throw this out- aside from the screwing up here, and assuming Bungie really is working on new Halo... damn.

I mean DEEEEAAAAAMMMMNNN!!!!

-Gears of War 2
-Fable 2
-Too Human (the demo wasn't too bad- the combat starts to hit its stride right at the end)
-A crapton of family titles
-The new dash that includes the old one
-Tons of really neat new dash features, like party chat and Netflix
-Final Fantasy 13
-Tons of other JRPGs, from The Last Remnant to Tales of Vesperia
-We know there are more western RPGs to come, like Mass Effect
-Forza 3 will probably start going public pretty soon
-After all of that, Microsoft still might have a Halo announcement to throw on the pile.

That's just off the top of my head. Being a gigantic Bungie fanboy, I still want to see Bungie as Microsoft's crown jewel, but this really is a console where even the almighty Halo can be just another (amazing, awesome, totally rad) part of the console.

Message Index

Replies:

Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Avateur 7/16/08 3:22 a.m.
     Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Jordan117 7/16/08 3:27 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?yoshiary 7/16/08 3:30 a.m.
     Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?UNSC_Trooper 7/16/08 3:31 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Hunt3r 7/16/08 4:27 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?vlad3163 7/16/08 5:39 a.m.
     Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 5:23 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 5:54 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Kroll GB 7/16/08 6:01 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 6:05 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Stuntmutt 7/16/08 6:16 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Razorback 7/16/08 6:49 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 6:53 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 7:10 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?DHalo 7/16/08 9:02 a.m.
                                   Yes...stan 7/16/08 11:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Yes...DrDoctor 7/16/08 11:14 a.m.
     Hmmm.kapowaz 7/16/08 6:45 a.m.
           Re: Hmmm.Ross Mills 7/16/08 7:09 a.m.
                 Re: Hmmm.kapowaz 7/16/08 12:36 p.m.
                       Re: Hmmm.Ross Mills 7/16/08 1:25 p.m.
           Re: Hmmm.Avateur 7/16/08 11:12 a.m.
                 Re: Hmmm.kapowaz 7/16/08 12:37 p.m.
     Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Sep7imus [subnova] 7/16/08 7:16 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?SG Noodles 7/16/08 7:28 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Louis Wu 7/16/08 8:47 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Sep7imus [subnova] 7/16/08 9:05 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Louis Wu 7/16/08 9:13 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?pooberry 7/16/08 9:23 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 9:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?DHalo 7/16/08 9:31 a.m.
                                               yes thispooberry 7/16/08 9:41 a.m.
                                                     Re: yes thisRoss Mills 7/16/08 10:00 a.m.
                                                     Re: yes thisLouis Wu 7/16/08 10:05 a.m.
     Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 9:29 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Cthulhu117 7/16/08 9:59 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Ross Mills 7/16/08 10:01 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?gspawn 7/16/08 3:34 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Narcogen 7/18/08 3:37 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Narcogen 7/18/08 3:33 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Developing new Halo game confirmed?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 7/18/08 10:52 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.