Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I've actually played it...
Posted By: Nick <im_retarted@hotmail.com>Date: 10/28/01 10:50 p.m.

In Response To: Found on the IGN message boards: (Zypper)

: This game controls so well it makes Goldeneye and Perfect Dark handle like
: Oni on the PS2. In other words, crap. Halo is simply the best controlling
: FPS on a console, ever. The control is so intuitive you'll forget about
: your mouse/keyboard fetish.

Last Friday I actually had the pleasure of playing Halo for about 6 hours at some X-box demo thingy here in Washington at Sandpoint Naval Station so I'll share my thoughts will yall on how I felt about it. I found the control of the game to be the best of a _console_ FPS I have ever played. Novice to average games probably would not be affected by the lack of Keyboard/mouse combo but advanced gamers will be. Because of the lack of a mouse I was unable to do many of the "twitch" shots that I had become accustomed to from the quake series. Also I found it difficult to perform a hand 2 hand attack and do all of my moving at the same time as it takes two thumbs just to navigate which leaves you no free thumbs to hit the hand to hand attack button. All in all I was impressed by the control of the game, much better than any other console I've played, but I has nothing on Mouse/Keyboard combo.

The game itself was really, really cool. The vechicles were by far my favorite part, nothing like running aliens down with your jeep. Oh, and the sniper rifle doubly satisfying with the force feedback.

Enjoy,
Nick

Message Index

Replies:

Found on the IGN message boards:Zypper 10/28/01 3:36 p.m.
     Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Djof 10/28/01 4:52 p.m.
           Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Fuolornis Fire Dragon 10/28/01 7:14 p.m.
                 Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Dan Rudolph 10/28/01 8:33 p.m.
                 Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Stalin 10/28/01 9:18 p.m.
                       Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Fuolornis Fire Dragon 10/29/01 4:27 p.m.
                             Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Dan Rudolph 10/30/01 1:22 a.m.
     Better than Mouse & Keyboard? Ha, as if!Deist 10/28/01 5:36 p.m.
           Re: Better than Mouse & Keyboard? Ha, as if!foo 10/28/01 6:08 p.m.
           Re: Better than Mouse & Keyboard? Ha, as if!*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 10/28/01 7:14 p.m.
     I've actually played it...Nick 10/28/01 10:50 p.m.
     Re: Found on the IGN message boards:???? 10/29/01 7:50 a.m.
           Re: Found on the HBO Boards... can you believe it?Lophan 10/29/01 1:03 p.m.
           Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Dan Rudolph 10/30/01 1:24 a.m.
     Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Necro 10/29/01 11:15 a.m.
           Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Ferrex (Microserf) 10/29/01 4:06 p.m.
           Re: Found on the IGN message boards:vector40 10/29/01 7:55 p.m.
     Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Joey Lawrence 11/2/01 2:56 p.m.
           Re: Found on the IGN message boards:vector40 11/2/01 7:25 p.m.
                 Re: Found on the IGN message boards:Zypper 11/2/01 8:07 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.