Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?
Posted By: Pico <tomparg@earthlink.net>Date: 10/4/01 5:52 p.m.

Granted, I'm not wise to the ways of the programming elite, but can someone fill me in on why a feature that adds so much to the longevity and grass-roots interest of a game title has been ignored now on the last 2 bungie games (Oni and now Halo) ???

-- ok, end of the simple question, now I'll start talking to myself; --

Is there something inherently difficult about a save film feature on a console? (ie, oni on ps/2 and now Halo on x-box)

Is it unreasonable to request a save film feature for the PC/Mac version? Are we even going to hear anything besides "Halo will come to PC/Mac" until after Christmas, when all possible $$ have been wrung out of the x-box frenzy?

Oni had a shelf life of about 3 weeks after it shipped...once you finished the single-player levels, what then? (not much)

I still play Myth YEARS after, and still go to the mill to download tournament films or use films to find out how to get past a tricky spot on a level, or to admire another players abilities/skills like myth done quick or beating a level with no casualties).

I don't want to piss and moan too much about this, but I'm suprised that the "save film" feature gets the ax if bungie is using a simple cost/benefit analysis for game features...seems to me that its a huge benefit for not much cost.

--Pico

Message Index

Replies:

Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?Pico 10/4/01 5:52 p.m.
     Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?Matt 10/4/01 6:18 p.m.
           Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 10/4/01 6:21 p.m.
                 Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?Jamman 10/4/01 7:46 p.m.
                 Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?vector40 10/4/01 8:11 p.m.
                       Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?Djof 10/4/01 9:06 p.m.
                             Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?vector40 10/4/01 10:15 p.m.
                                   Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?Psyrixx 10/5/01 12:11 a.m.
           Stop lying...Miguel Chavez 10/4/01 11:46 p.m.
                 See how simple it is Matt? ;) *NM**Ar-Isildur of *WP* 10/5/01 10:13 a.m.
           Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?RAZORBACK 10/5/01 6:33 a.m.
           Thanks for the reply...Pico 10/5/01 4:23 p.m.
           Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?=NAV=Shadow 10/10/01 1:26 p.m.
     Re: Is a "save film" option THAT difficult?fatboy18 10/4/01 7:01 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.