glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.
Posted By: DeAdLy_cOoKiE <deadly_cookie@yahoo.com>Date: 6/25/01 11:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document. (Pallor)

: Perhaps they all don't want to be recognized or mobbed with emails that say
: "omfg whats up with that gun" or "hay u need hellp i kin
: programm gud" or "are you single". I would think that
: sometimes it is nice to participate without having the title of
: "company person" attached to your posts.

: - Meg

Very logical, and I assume that's why they don't include it in their posts. I tend to make comments and criticize, though I wouldn't email someone 'that' quickly. But hey, what's up with that smackdown link, and I believe I've seen your ICQ number on that site as well? How often do you get harassed? How do you look at people that visit these forums? Regular poeple, merely trolls?

And to be honest, I somehow thought differently of you when I found out that your with one of the bungie members. As I think differently about MSN now, since I know he's with bungie, responsible for the HUD. Weird huh. And I would prefer discussing things with actualy bungie members (preferably on this site, not that it ever happened, or will happen), than just regular people, it would be more 'efficient' to use your words, I still see bungie people as normal human beings, and I don't care much for the people who are creating the game, I want to see a good game. I mean, I can do the same stuff as Marty is doing (well), not to brag ofcourse. Or I could only think that I can do the same stuff, who knows (I don't even consider myself a 'musician', it's a hobby, something that I can, and yet there's (was) a german game show where some of my stuff is heard)... But sure, the only way to back things up is to show off your talent, what you have done and what you can. Just like resumes I suppose.

How did you get your job or how did Jaime get to be a level designer? Dumb luck?
Coincedence? I think it has a lot to do with luck. There's are a lot of talented people in this world, and there's a lot of lost talent. Therefore I think Internet is a good thing, it's very powerful, and I can expect a lot of games (or whatever) being developed (partly) though internet, in the future.
Talent working together on a specific project via internet. Perhaps it's already happening. Who were the guys creating that QuakeIII movie?

MSN has his email in his posts, and Marty... Not that I would email them, if I didn't agree with the HUD-bit or music... I don't exactly agree with the samples (cortana), which Marty is doing, but I don't feel like, or would make sense, emailing the guy to give him my opinion, or to tell him that he's an idiot. He's not an idiot ofcourse, mind me.

There are regular people that aren't stupid, that have some sort of knowledge or talent. I've seen better levels for Quake III than the guys could do, working at ID. Some people recognize your talent, some don't. It's a harsh world.

Message Index

Replies:

Bungie - Who's who - making a document.Ph.D. 6/24/01 7:36 p.m.
     Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.Louis Wu 6/24/01 8:09 p.m.
           Wu-ster You Are SlippingPallor 6/24/01 9:05 p.m.
                 Re: Wu-ster You Are SlippingLouis Wu 6/24/01 10:37 p.m.
                       Who's Who - Bigger, Longer, and UncutPh.D. 6/25/01 1:44 a.m.
                             My own updated list... :)Pfhor 6/25/01 2:48 a.m.
                                   Re: My own updated list... :)Louis Wu 6/25/01 8:43 a.m.
                                         Re: My own updated list... :)Pallor 6/25/01 10:26 a.m.
                                         Re: My own updated list... :)Pfhor 6/25/01 12:55 p.m.
                                   Re: My own updated list... :)Cunbelin the Trained Monkey 6/25/01 1:11 p.m.
                                         Re: My own updated list... :)DeAdLy_cOoKiE 6/25/01 1:19 p.m.
                                               Re: My own updated list... :)Siva (W'rk) 6/25/01 1:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: My own updated list... :)Louis Wu 6/25/01 3:11 p.m.
                                                           Re: My own updated list... :)Siva (W'rk) 6/25/01 3:51 p.m.
                                                                 Re: My own updated list... :)Pallor 6/25/01 4:03 p.m.
                                         Re: My own updated list... :)Louis Wu 6/25/01 3:13 p.m.
                                               ::swoons at Mr. Wu::Pallor 6/25/01 3:53 p.m.
                                                     For What It's Worth...Matt 6/26/01 6:21 p.m.
                                                           Re: For What It's Worth...Steve Campbell 6/26/01 9:53 p.m.
                                               Re: My own updated list... :)Cunbelin Soffish Loremaster 6/26/01 2:49 p.m.
                             Re: Who's Who - Bigger, Longer, and UncutLouis Wu 6/25/01 8:34 a.m.
     Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.MSN 6/24/01 9:18 p.m.
           Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.Louis Wu 6/24/01 10:37 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.Ferrex (Microserf) 6/25/01 11:07 a.m.
           Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.Mark Levin 6/25/01 9:44 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.Pallor 6/25/01 10:29 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.DeAdLy_cOoKiE 6/25/01 11:27 a.m.
                             SnipPallor 6/25/01 1:20 p.m.
                                   PoofDeAdLy_cOoKiE 6/25/01 4:22 p.m.
                                         You Missed My JokePallor 6/25/01 6:04 p.m.
                                               Re: You Missed My Jokejamman 6/25/01 11:51 p.m.
                                               Entirely...DeAdLy_cOoKiE 6/26/01 10:03 a.m.
                                                     OooohhhhPallor 6/26/01 12:11 p.m.
                                                           Can't We All Just Get Along?Matt 6/26/01 1:35 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Can't We All Just Get Along?jamman 6/26/01 1:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Can't We All Just Get Along?Fernando. 6/26/01 2:39 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Can't We All Just Get Along?Fernando. 6/26/01 2:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Matt likes show tunes?mnemesis 6/26/01 2:50 p.m.
                                                                 Zippidy Do Da, No.Pallor 6/26/01 3:32 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Zippidy Do Da, No.Matt 6/26/01 5:20 p.m.
                                                                             Curses! Foiled Again.Pallor 6/26/01 6:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: OooohhhhDeAdLy_cOoKiE 6/26/01 6:08 p.m.
                                                           Woo, random post on random forum of the day...Kira-Baka 6/27/01 6:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: Entirely... (way OT)Gromit 6/26/01 4:12 p.m.
                                                           Re: Entirely... (way OT)DeAdLy_cOoKiE 6/26/01 6:01 p.m.
                                               Re: You Missed My JokeNate 6/28/01 12:25 p.m.
     Re: Bungie - Who's who - making a document.DeAdLy_cOoKiE 6/25/01 9:51 a.m.
     New, updated list - Any corrections?Ph.D. 6/25/01 9:33 p.m.
           AdditionsPallor 6/25/01 11:35 p.m.
                 Re: AdditionsPh.D. 6/26/01 2:42 a.m.
           Re: New, updated list - Any corrections?Jay 6/27/01 3:15 p.m.
                 Re: New, updated list - Any corrections?Louis Wu 6/27/01 5:01 p.m.
                       Who's Who Revised 2nd Ed. (27, June, 01: 22:30UTC)Ph.D. 6/27/01 5:31 p.m.
                             Don't Forget...Matt 6/27/01 6:02 p.m.
                                   Re: Don't Forget...Ph.D. 6/27/01 6:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Don't Forget...Achronos 6/27/01 6:38 p.m.
                                               Re: Don't Forget...Ph.D. 6/27/01 7:07 p.m.
                 Re: New, updated list - Any corrections?Alexander S7range 7/2/01 12:28 p.m.
                 Re: New, updated list - Any corrections?vector 7/3/01 4:42 p.m.
           Re: New, updated list - Any corrections?Alexander S7range 6/29/01 9:25 a.m.
                 Re: New, updated list - Any corrections?Ph.D. 6/29/01 5:10 p.m.
                       Re: New, updated list - Any corrections?Louis Wu 6/29/01 8:03 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.