Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Halocaust
Posted By: Hunt3r <the87th@yahoo.com>Date: 6/5/08 12:18 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The Halocaust (NartFOpc)

: Oh come one,

: Its sterile, its informative, the music works, there are no gratuitous
: action/comedy scenes (which I was expecting when I started watching), and
: its well-edited. I think that if it introduces a new and younger crowd to
: the subject matter in such a way, so much the better.

ok, i know these people may have tried their hardest to make a somber memorial to the horrible tragedy of the holocaust, but seriously, this is still in pretty poor taste. the soccer ball scene at the beginning was the worst- first of all, trite dialogue + a completely out of place image of ARMORED SPARTANS PLAYING WITH A GIANT SOCCER BALL just killed it for me. This is no way to memorialize a tragedy. I'll also admit that the music is fairly well suited to the subject matter at hand, and although spoken unclearly, the narration had an appropriate tone (again, the writing was pretty terrible, but that can't be helped). had the video been anything OTHER than machinema, perhaps some ken burns'd stills of prewar poland, synagogues, jews, nazis, etc, this would have been in "good taste" so to speak. it would be appropriate. but as it is, ESPECIALLY THE SOCCER BALL SCENE, this is pretty bad. I'm not going to say that as a person of polish descent i am offended, because i've seen far worse. But there are definitely serious people out there who would find this quite offensive.

at least it's not what i thought it was going to be. when i first clicked on the message link, i thought it was going to be nothing more than a poorly named montage. that would have offended me a little bit. i mean, i'm no fan of political correctness, and i realize the word "holocaust" has other meanings besides the genocide of the Jewish people, but that still would have been pretty bad. at least i'm somewhat pleasantly surprised that these folks' intentions were good, although their execution was not.

unless this is an extremely well done troll, in which case i feel sorry for the pathetic souls who made this. but i doubt that very much.

also sorry for the block of text, i just feel somewhat strongly about the subject matter

Message Index

Replies:

The HalocaustNartFOpc 6/4/08 10:19 p.m.
     Re: The HalocaustEiii 6/4/08 10:22 p.m.
           Re: The HalocaustNartFOpc 6/4/08 10:28 p.m.
                 Re: The HalocaustEiii 6/4/08 11:21 p.m.
                       Re: The HalocaustXmoosev3 6/5/08 3:43 a.m.
     Re: The HalocaustHawaiian Pig 6/4/08 10:38 p.m.
           Re: The HalocaustCaptain Spark 6/4/08 10:56 p.m.
                 Re: The HalocaustInnerRayg 6/4/08 11:06 p.m.
                       Re: The HalocaustCaptain Spark 6/4/08 11:22 p.m.
                             Re: The HalocaustInnerRayg 6/5/08 12:31 a.m.
           Re: The HalocaustNartFOpc 6/4/08 11:40 p.m.
                 Re: The HalocaustHunt3r 6/5/08 12:18 a.m.
                       Out of everything the soccer ball eh?TheSneak 6/5/08 7:56 a.m.
                             Re: Out of everything the soccer ball eh?Xmoosev3 6/5/08 11:48 a.m.
                                   Brought a tear to mine *NM*scarab 6/6/08 1:15 a.m.
                             Re: Out of everything the soccer ball eh?Hawaiian Pig 6/5/08 10:35 p.m.
     Re: The HalocaustJeSteR 343 6/5/08 8:14 a.m.
           Re: The Halocaustmendicantbias00 6/5/08 8:32 a.m.
           agreednomis78 6/5/08 8:45 a.m.
     Re: The HalocaustMiguel Chavez 6/5/08 10:28 a.m.
     Fitting, since Sunday was Yom HaShoahMr Fiddle 6/5/08 11:52 a.m.
           Oops. Getting my dates wrongMr Fiddle 6/5/08 11:57 a.m.
     Re: The HalocaustAglor 6/5/08 1:58 p.m.
     Re: The HalocaustExanubisleader 6/5/08 2:53 p.m.
     Re: The HalocaustGeneral Vagueness 6/6/08 4:35 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.