Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduck
Posted By: Purity of Desolation <swensondaly@hotmail.com>Date: 4/10/08 10:26 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduck (Leviathan)

: I don't see anything holographic, but if you're talking about that huge
: complex, I can't tell you what it's for. I can't really say what alot of
: the Forerunner places we've seen are for, actually...

: I do think it is built upon the dividing parts of the Ark though. See those
: dark lines that divide the arms and such in the picture below? That's what
: what I'm thinking those complexes looks like from the top. I'm guessing if
: a race was going to catalogue a galaxy of sentient species, they're going
: to need alot of immigration offices....

:

: What could it be though? I'm guessing if a race was going to catalogue a
: galaxy of sentient species, they're going to need alot of immigration
: offices.... :p

I would imagine that those structures are the machinery and power sources and distribution systems that keep the Ark running, as well as sentinel manufacturing and other sentinel facilities.

They may also be labs, holding pens, enclosures, etc. for lifeforms that cannot live in an Oxygen-Nitrogen environment, as well as docking places for the ships that brought the specimens to Ark. On the other hand, the Ark itself is plastered with structures, systems and machinery, including what we see in the game, what is
covering the Earth-like environment in the center disk and the curved arms.

Its a shame that we never see the different environments the Ark probably had before its destruction. Does this mean that almost all sentient species in the galaxy lived in Earth-like environments?

Message Index

Replies:

Ark questionsOnebitrocket 4/1/08 7:01 a.m.
     Re: Ark questionsnomis78 4/1/08 9:27 a.m.
     Re: Ark questionsSPARTAN-034 4/1/08 11:23 a.m.
     Re: Ark questionsStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/1/08 6:40 p.m.
     Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckonebitrocket 4/10/08 6:49 a.m.
           Link doesn't work :( *NM*pete_the_duck 4/10/08 7:39 a.m.
                 Works for me...rhubarb 4/10/08 3:16 p.m.
                       Doesn't for me.Louis Wu 4/10/08 3:22 p.m.
                             Since the poster doesn't care to fix...*BIG IMG*DHalo 4/10/08 3:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Since the poster doesn't care to fix...*BIG IMLouis Wu 4/10/08 3:34 p.m.
                             Re: Doesn't for me.onebitrocket 4/11/08 1:36 a.m.
           Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckLeviathan 4/10/08 5:41 p.m.
                 Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckPurity of Desolation 4/10/08 10:26 p.m.
                       Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/11/08 6:40 p.m.
                             Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckelpolloguapo 4/11/08 7:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckZohak 4/12/08 4:09 a.m.
                                         Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckelpolloguapo 4/12/08 8:12 a.m.
                                               Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckRosco-128 4/12/08 8:40 a.m.
                                                     Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckelpolloguapo 4/12/08 9:17 a.m.
                                                           Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/12/08 12:38 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckZohak 4/13/08 12:01 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckelpolloguapo 4/13/08 9:31 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/13/08 7:56 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckelpolloguapo 4/13/08 8:01 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckCthulhu117 4/13/08 8:07 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckelpolloguapo 4/13/08 8:25 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckPurity of Desolation 4/14/08 11:38 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/13/08 9:10 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Ark Structure : Thanks petetheduckelpolloguapo 4/13/08 9:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.