Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Full Translation of the video
Posted By: Elite TAR <jhumalda@hotmail.com>Date: 6/9/07 6:39 a.m.

In Response To: New Bungie Interview (Wolverine Monkey)

Hello everyone!

Here is my full translation. I tried to keep my translation as close to what has been said in the the video in Dutch. However, his (Boris', the interviewer) Dutch was not flawless,he did not finish all his sentences and sometimes made too long sentences...or he used 'spoken language'. It might be annoying to read, but I didn't want to offer you just another summary since all has been already discussed in this thread more or less. So here it is: the full Translation with the original Dutch text below, and a summary for the lazy ones at the bottom of this post.
Happy Reading!

Gamekings Halo 3 video: Interview with Bungie June 5th 2007.

Start of video and translation Dutch to English.
=>
We are here in the heart of Seattle, and what are we doing here? We have came here for Halo 3.

*Music*

Yeah, look, you might not recognize it but this is the office of Bungie and these dudes are now busy with Halo 3…We are going in, we are going to play the Multiplayer.

*Music*

We’ll get a few gamemakers here before the camera and we are going to ask them what they think themselves from Halo 3

*English Reply: [Testing..]

“What is your role…”

*English Reply [sandbox]

“Halo 3 vs other Xbox Games”

*English Reply: [Hard question]

“Why do you release a Beta?”

*English Reply*

I have got the feeling that you guys look rather critically to your own ‘shit’
(here: stuff.-Elite)

*English Reply: [Bungie is their own harshest critic]

Could you please tell me only one thing about the Singleplayer?

*English Reply*: [Can’t tell you]

Okay, it is the next day and I have thought about everything I’ve seen from Halo 3 by Bungie and I think I am eh quite impressed from this game actually. I must honestly admit that I have never been…a very big fan from the Halo series. It is a bit fancy off course, I’m more from the realism (meaning: Boris likes more realistic games better-Elite), from the RainBowSix-ish games but then…it was obvious (abundantly clear?-Elite) that the Multiplayer from Halo 3 is really well made. To start with you could see that the designers have thought a lot more about what Multiplayer actually should be like and how the Halo Community with each other starts to work (Meaning: making videos from gameplay/machinima). I think that the most important feature we have seen is the ‘Save Film’ feature, where gamers can record their actions and review them later, actually the whole battle_they can go totally through the game- uses the game engine, so it is not so that an actually video is being recorded, but you do record the events of the battle and watch the battle again later.
Well I am sure that machinima lovers(meaning: fans/fanatics –Elite) and the makers of Red versus Blue will be really happy about this news because it is now a lot easier to make cool shit (again: stuff) and record it and place it on the internet.

We have seen 6 maps in total, 3 of which you have probably read or seen something about it, these are in the Beta test which runs from May 16th. We have seen 3 extra maps from which the most striking was without doubt the remake of the Zanzibar map. Yeah, that is ehm, that is this map with the huge spinning thing and that was actually a legendary Multi Player map from Halo 2. We have just looked it back (Meaning: they have played Halo 2 Zanzibar to compare it -Elite) and then you see very how out of date Halo 2 has become. Yeah and then now this Zanzibar map new on the XSbox360 yeah that looks just glorious/splendid/brilliant (could not pick a word from the dictionary..-Elite) . The textures are so high-resolution, you see the beach, the water looked really awesome. You just saw, yeah it reminds you a bit from tropical island water. It looked really cool.

Yeah we have also seen a few new cars, we have seen a few new weapons- I won’t go into details further, the only thing we have not seen –what I find really a pity- is the Singleplayer. It is still not clear how that will look like, we have talked to someone who calls himself the sandbox-designer, or maybe Bungie calls him like that and that implies a really tiny bit that ehm..GTA feeling, that Saints Row feeling. Would Halo 3 be a completely open world in which you can go wherever you want to go, do whatever you want to do. I myself do not think so. Their explanation of this whole sandboxidea was that is was just something, that you don’t literally have an open world, but [they] create a kind of world in which you as an player can use everything the way you want.

*English comment: “Plasma pistol overcharge to shoot banshee*

And that is what they [Bungie] call the whole sandbox principe. Ehm yeah that means that it might be so that the Singeplayer mode is still a quite linear (as in: not free, not open world- Elite) experience…like it was in Halo 2. Another thing which ís really cool is that they have said that Halo is a trilogy, what means that this third part is in fact the concluding part of this series, and that in this part it will become clear what the whole war (Covenant-Human war –Elite) is all about, what is going to happen to this Master Chief…ehm, yeah we are all about to see.

Before I went on this trip I was rather more a Gears of War lover than a Halo lover but that might change..because the third part looked really awesome and a few things that were terribly missed in Halo 2 have been fixed ( implemented, corrected-Elite). That includes for example...really easy.. a coopmode. This has been confirmed, a coop for the singleplayer. Probably for more than 2 players because when I critically asked they said "2 player coop, yeah you cannot do that." So much for Gears of War because we have now Halo 3 and you might play with 4 people coop!"

It is too bad, nothing to do about it (the meaning of the dutch saying Boris used –Elite) but we have not seen more Singleplayer. I hope this won’t be a trend in the game-industry and that we will have to fly around the whole world for every new game mode but on the other hand: Halo is so big, so ‘fok’-it, it’s worth the trouble. I am sure that when the game is hitting the shops somewhere in November –we don’t know- it will become a new hype on Xbox Live, I can hardly wait already. Awesome.

End of video
<=

=>Dutch Text
We staan hier in het hartje van Seattle, en wat doen we hier? We zijn hier gekomen voor Halo 3.
Muziek
Ja kijk, je herkent het misschien niet maar dit is het kantoor van bungie en die gasten zijn nu bezig met halo 3…wij gaan naar binnen, wij gaan de multiplayer spelen
Muziek
We halen even een paar makers van het spel hier voor de camera we gaan ze vragen wat ze zelf van Halo 3 vinden
Testing
What is your role…
English reply about /sandbox
Different from other Xbox games
Hard question..
Waarom brengen jullie een Beta uit.
(english reply)
Ik heb zo’n gevoel dat jullie best wel kritisch kijken naar je eigen shit
Harshest critic
Kun je me alsjeblieft één iets vertellen over die Singleplayer?
Can’t tell you
Okay, het is de volgende dag en ik heb eventjes kunnen nadenken over alles wat ik heb gezien van Halo 3 bij Bungie en ik denk dat ik ehh best wel onder de indruk ben van die game eigenlijk. Ik moet heel eerlijk bekennen dat ik nooit ..een heel groot fan ben geweest van de halo serie, het is een beetje fancy natuurlijk, ik ben wat meer van het realisme, van de RBS achtige games maar toch.. was het duidelijk dat de MP van H3 echt heel erg goed in elkaar zat. Nou om te beginnen kon je zien dat de makers veel meer hebben nagedacht over wat mp eigenlijk moet zijn en hoe de Halo community met elkaar aan de slag gaat en ik denk dat de allerbelangrijkste feature die we gezien hebben de save film feature is waarbij spelers van de game hun acties kunnen opnemen en later in slowmotion kunnen terugkijken, eigenlijk de hele sttrijd nog een keertje, ze kunnen helemaal door de game met- maakt gewoon gebruik van de game engine, dus het is niet dat er ook daadwerkelijk een filmpje wordt opgenomen maar je kunt in weze gewoon het hele verloop van de strijd opnemen en later terugkijken. Nou ik weet zeker dat machinima liefhebbers en de makers van RvB daar ontzettend blij van zullen worden want het is nu nog veel makkelijker om toffe shit te maken en op te nemen en op internet te zetten.
We hebben in totaal 6 maps gezien, 3 daarvan daar heb je missschien al wat over gelezen of gezien, die zaten namelijk in de beta test die vanaf 16 mei loopt. We hebben nog 3 extra maps gezien waarvan de opvallendste ongetwijfeld de remake van de Zanzibar map is. Ja dat is eh dat is die map met dat grote draaiende ding en dat was eigenlijk een legendarische MP map in Halo 2 en daar hebben we ook nog eventjes naar teruggekeken en dan zie je eigenlijk van hoe ontzettend verouderd Halo2 was, ja en dan nu die Zanzibar map opnieuw op de Xbox360 ja dat ziet er gewoon echt schitterend uit. Die textures zijn in zo met een hoge reslutie, je ziet gewoon het srtand, dat water zag er echt supervet uit. Je zag gewoon de, ja het deed een beetje denken aan tropisch eiland water. Het zag er echt heel tof uit
Ja we hebben ook nog een aantal nieuwe voertuigen gezien, we hebben een aantal nieuwe wapens gezien ik zal allemaal verder nog niet in de details treden,. Het enige is wat we nog niet hebben gezien –wat ik heel jammer vind- is de SP. Het is nog altijd niet duidelijk hoe dat er precies gaat uit zien., we hebben gesproken met iemand die zichzelf de sandbox designer noemt, of mss noemt Bungie hem wel de Sandboxdesigner en dat impliceert eigenlijk een klein beetje dat eh jah dat GTA gevoel, dat Saints Row gevoel/ Zou halo3 een volledig open wereld zijn waar je kunt staan en gaan, en kunt doen en laten wat je wilt. Persoonlijk denk ik van iet. De uitleg die ze zelf gaven aan dat hele sandboxidee was dat je het juist iets is, dat je niet letterlijk een open wereld, maar meer een soort wereld creeeren waarin je als een speler alles kunt gebruiken op de manier zoals je dat zelf wil
English comment Plasma pistol overcharge shoot banshee
En dat is wat zij verstaan onder het hele Sandbox principe..ehm ja dat betekent dat het best wel eens zou kunnen zijn dat de SP mode nog steeds een beetje een rechtlijnige aangelegenheid is wat het eigenlijk ook in Halo 2 was..wat wel heel tof is is dat ze gezegd hebben dat halo een trilogie is, wat betekent dat dit derde deel in feite het afsluitende deel van deze serie wordt en dat hier dus eigenlijk duidelijk gaat worden wat er aan de hand is met die hele oorlog, wat er gaat gebeuren met die MC ehm ja dat gaan nu allemaal gaan we dat zien.

Before I went on this trip I was rather more a Gears of War lover than a Halo lover but that might change..because the third part (of Halo) looked really awesome and a few things that were terribly missed in Halo 2 have been fixed/maked up. That includes for example...really easy.. a coopmode. This has been confirmed, a coop for the singleplayer. Probably for more than 2 players because when I critically asked they said "2 player coop, yeah you cannot do that." So much for GoW because we have now Halo 3 and you might play with 4 people coop!"
Het is jammer maar helaas we hebben niet meer van de SP gezien. Ik hoop niet dat dit een trend wordt in de gamesindustrie dat we straks voor elke nieuwe mode de wereld moeten overvliegen om het te zien maar aan de andere kant Halo is zo groot dus fok it daar heb je het wel voor over. Ik weet zeker dat als de game ergens in november -we weten het niet- in de winkels zal liggen dat het een nieuwe rage wordt op Xbox live, ik kan nu al niet wachten. Vet.
"

That would be all I guess.

Summary:
-Sandbox principe. You can use the environment, yet it is not likely Halo 3 will be open world sandbox game like GTA (Boris hypotheses about that, but Bungies explanation does not look like that at all!)
-save film feature is going to be cool.
-polished Zanzibar in Halo 3, 2 other new maps shown in the video.
-Online coop mode, possibly for 4 player, *claimed* to be confirmed by Bungie.
-Halo 3 is the last game in this storyline (news!)

Well then, time for lunch!
Hope you guys liked it,
Elite TAR

Netherlands

Message Index

Replies:

New Bungie InterviewWolverine Monkey 6/5/07 4:16 p.m.
     Re: New Bungie Interviewchargeorge 6/5/07 4:18 p.m.
     Re: New Bungie InterviewKLind 6/5/07 4:19 p.m.
           Re: New Bungie InterviewWolverine Monkey 6/5/07 4:21 p.m.
     Re: New Bungie InterviewThe Lamonster 6/5/07 4:27 p.m.
           heh, noticed somethingcraven 6/5/07 4:57 p.m.
                 ZOMG Halo 3 CONFIRMED For Windows Vista!!11!! *NM-Major Silva 6/5/07 6:07 p.m.
                 Re: heh, noticed somethingSnave 6/5/07 6:37 p.m.
                       Re: heh, noticed somethingSpartan Erik 6/5/07 8:33 p.m.
     Re: New Bungie InterviewAvateur 6/5/07 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New Bungie InterviewEru 6/5/07 5:23 p.m.
     quick summary of some juicy stuffShlulu 6/5/07 5:54 p.m.
           Re: quick summary of some juicy stuffShlulu 6/5/07 7:09 p.m.
                 Better Quality version hereMasterChief2829 6/5/07 7:35 p.m.
                 Re: quick summary of some juicy stuffLouis Wu 6/5/07 10:11 p.m.
                       Re: quick summary of some juicy stuffShlulu 6/6/07 6:55 a.m.
                             Max Hoberman Hint??The Lamonster 6/6/07 2:24 p.m.
                 Re: quick summary of some juicy stuffbedlam 6/6/07 1:35 a.m.
                       Re: quick summary of some juicy stuffShlulu 6/6/07 6:58 a.m.
                             Re: quick summary of some juicy stuffElite TAR 6/6/07 12:03 p.m.
                                   Re: quick summary of some juicy stuffShlulu 6/6/07 5:31 p.m.
     Re: New Bungie Interviewbedlam 6/6/07 1:25 a.m.
           Re: New Bungie InterviewElite TAR 6/6/07 3:03 p.m.
                 Re: New Bungie InterviewLouis Wu 6/6/07 4:27 p.m.
                       Re: New Bungie InterviewElite TAR 6/8/07 4:36 p.m.
     Full Translation of the videoElite TAR 6/9/07 6:39 a.m.
           Re: Full Translation of the videoWolverine Monkey 6/9/07 4:56 p.m.
                 Re: Full Translation of the videoLouis Wu 6/9/07 7:38 p.m.
                       I thought it's always winter up there in the North *NM*Leviathan 6/10/07 12:45 a.m.
                             We have seasons in Texas *NM*Schedonnardus 6/10/07 7:02 p.m.
                       Re: Full Translation of the videoWolverine Monkey 6/10/07 3:47 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.