Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Wow, thats some presidential logic you got there
Posted By: Sparkypinball <send5pamhere@yahoo.com>Date: 2/15/07 3:18 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Today? (Landis Mclain)

: I for one cannot let sprint die. If I let sprint die, then that means that my
: repeated assertions that x has to be sprint will look foolish
. And I don't
: want to look foolish

Well, by typing that, you ARE foolish.

: And Bungie would look foolish too, I think. I mean,
: he's a genetically engineered, mechanically augmented super-warrior and he
: can't run fast? That's silly. Or is it simply that he's too good to
: sprint. He's such a badass that he doesn't need to sprint, he can take his
: time with things, dispatch the covenant all leisurely like.

Heh, now you are trying to pass the blame, and make circular logic, as well as blame others for your own flawed logic

(Yes, I know he is a super soilder, yes i know that he can run really fast in the books. However, books, games, different. That is why we have not run into HUGE concentrations of grunts and taken them out with spider mines and avalanches of rock. [That would be SO COOL!] The book has its physics, the games have their hardware limitations)

: In any case, x is totally going to be sprint.

: Or, if you insist that it's not sprint, I'm willing to allow that x might
: instead just be "run faster but not necessarily in a manner which
: might suggest that the character is sprinting."

Holding out for hope that what has been said NOT TO EXIST or BE POSSIBLE is still (GASP!) possible through the use of language.

You do not get to allow X to be anything other than what it is. And it is not sprint.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Your argument reminds me of:

We cant pull out now, or else all of those soilders deaths would have been for nothing!

I KNOW this is not a political forum, but your reasoning is flawed logic, and am sorry, but I can not agree with agruments based on flawed logic.

This is not 100% pointed at you Landis, this is a rant in general.

Logic Lesson/Question

Lets say that you are in a car, and you are driving to a meeting.

You do not have GPS, but you are using a map and paper for your directions.

Now, lets say that your directions tell you to turn on a desolate road, which you do turn down, but you realize after a half an hour of driving that you made a turn down the wrong desolate road.

What do you do?

According to your logic, you would continue down the road, the wrong road, because you have already spent a half an hour going in this direction, and as a result, you would miss your meeting. You would never make it to your meeting, because you did not want to turn around and go in the right direction and "be a fool"/deny all the time that you have spent going down the wrong road.

The logical response is to pull over, realize your mistake, turn around, and go to your meeting, albeit late, yet you will have an impressive story (as well as important life lesson: when you are going down the wrong road TURN AROUND!)

~~~

What is funny to me is that even when you are confronted with reality, you still go down the wrong road, and try to justify why you are still driving in the wrong direction, even though all of your passengers are telling you that you are on the wrong road. The longer you stay on that road, the more you do not want to get off, soley because you have spent 45 min on this road. 1 hour on this road. 2 hours on this road.

The longer you stay on this road, the more of a fool you will be, and you will feel like even more of an ass when you eventually HAVE to turn around to reach your destination...or make a loop around the entire globe, getting to right back where you started.

~~~~
So, to sum it all up....X button DOES NOT = Sprint, fast walk, or anything along those lines.

LET IT DIE.

Please put your creative energies towards new speculation, I do believe you to be a smart and/or creative person.

AND FOR GODS SAKE TURN THE DAMN CAR AROUND!

-Sparky

Rayzing Sons Music-GO LISTEN!-Shows in Canada NOW!

Message Index

Replies:

Beofre the X-Button is revealed...Zerowind117 2/14/07 4:14 p.m.
     "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"Ibeechu 2/14/07 4:19 p.m.
           Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"Sep7imus [subnova] 2/14/07 4:31 p.m.
                 Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"Stonesand 2/14/07 4:38 p.m.
                       If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...Cocopjojo 2/14/07 4:42 p.m.
                             Re: If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...Duncan 2/14/07 4:49 p.m.
                             Re: If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...Kroll GB 2/14/07 5:03 p.m.
                                   Re: If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...InsaneViking 2/14/07 6:50 p.m.
                                         Re: If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...Sep7imus [subnova] 2/14/07 7:01 p.m.
                                               Re: If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...Zerowind117 2/15/07 1:10 a.m.
                             Re: If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...MereCatfish 2/14/07 5:36 p.m.
                                   I Agree, it's true *NM*Dry Ice 2/14/07 6:03 p.m.
                             Re: If the X-Button ISN'T revealed in the beta...Masta Chef 2/15/07 2:23 a.m.
                       Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"j41m3z 2/14/07 4:43 p.m.
                       Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"tak 2/14/07 4:47 p.m.
                             Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"tak 2/14/07 4:49 p.m.
                                   Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"tucsonbatman 2/15/07 9:33 a.m.
                       Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"KP 2/14/07 4:48 p.m.
                             Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"Duncan 2/14/07 4:50 p.m.
                                   Melee Combos Confirmed. *NM*SPARTAN-034 2/14/07 7:27 p.m.
                             Today? *NM*Simpsons Rule 2/14/07 4:51 p.m.
                                   Re: Today?Zerowind117 2/14/07 4:56 p.m.
                                         Re: Today?MasterChief2829 2/14/07 5:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Today?KP 2/14/07 5:43 p.m.
                                                     Re: Today?elessar787 2/14/07 5:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Today?Zerowind117 2/14/07 5:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: Today?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/14/07 6:27 p.m.
                                                           Re: Today?Andrew J. 2/14/07 6:48 p.m.
                                                           Mincing slowlyhminn 2/14/07 7:03 p.m.
                                                                 Burger King Presents: Sneak Halo *NM*Sep7imus [subnova] 2/14/07 7:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: Today?MasterChief2829 2/14/07 6:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Today?Landis Mclain 2/14/07 6:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Today?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/14/07 6:52 p.m.
                                                           Re: Today?KP 2/14/07 7:23 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Today?VVM 2/14/07 8:06 p.m.
                                                                       Why stop there?Simpsons Rule 2/14/07 8:45 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Why stop there?VVM 2/14/07 9:26 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why stop there?Slith 2/14/07 10:03 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Why stop there?VVM 2/14/07 10:07 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Why stop there?Slith 2/14/07 10:22 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Why stop there?VVM 2/14/07 10:52 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Why stop there?Zerowind117 2/15/07 1:06 a.m.
                                                                                               Hah...Nice Rhyme! *NM*Leviathan 2/14/07 10:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Today?Landis Mclain 2/14/07 10:05 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Today?Slith 2/14/07 10:11 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Today?tucsonbatman 2/15/07 9:49 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Today?Slith 2/15/07 11:04 a.m.
                                                           Wow, thats some presidential logic you got thereSparkypinball 2/15/07 3:18 a.m.
                                                                 Re: WowJustinian 2/15/07 3:57 a.m.
                                                                       Comments? *NM*Sparkypinball 2/15/07 4:30 a.m.
                                                                             Amen*NM*raptor117 2/15/07 10:28 a.m.
                                                                 I dont think that logic works everytime.ActiveCamoElite 2/15/07 7:05 a.m.
                                                                       ok, back from school.ActiveCamoElite 2/15/07 3:59 p.m.
                                                                             Re: ok, back from school.Louis Wu 2/16/07 6:35 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: ok, back from school.ActiveCamoElite 2/18/07 6:12 p.m.
                                                                             Re: ok, back from school.Sparkypinball 2/16/07 6:44 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: ok, back from school.ActiveCamoElite 2/18/07 6:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: Today?GhaleonEB 2/14/07 7:32 p.m.
                             Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"InsaneViking 2/14/07 6:54 p.m.
                       Re: "Form of... corn!" "Great job, gang!"Coffin Joe 2/15/07 2:08 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.