Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: EDGE Article Now Online!
Posted By: Jman <jman571@gmail.com>Date: 1/18/07 10:02 p.m.

In Response To: Re: EDGE Article Now Online! (Ducain)

: Woah!

: I was very impressed with this article. Kudos to the interviewer, and to the
: honesty of the Bungie guys. Very enjoyable, and it validates the feelings
: of many of us regarding pieces of Halo 2.

: Good stuff, and I like it most because it shows that these guys recognize the
: weaknesses and are working to kick it up a notch on Halo 3.

: Excellent.

: JH

I agree, simply based on the outstanding quality of that article I'm now inclined to suscribe to Edge magazine! The very cool photopgraps (thanks to a Mr. Charles Peterson) and hats off to the interviewer (doesn't mention the name), great work!

What I didn't get to mention in my prior post is that I found the blatant criticism of Halo 2 a little unnerving. Although not stated outright, I'm starting to get a picture of what happened to the studio during the final crunch of Halo 2. It seems a number of people were divided on key issues, and the final crunch period, according to some people's opinions (“Toward the end we were working on balancing the weapons and everybody was very vocal about a ton of things and I think eventually we just sort of polished away some of those hard edges.”- Jaime Griesemer) the final changes were harmful to Halo 2.

But I think it's evident that some people at Bungie thought differently. With any team size, from 4 to 100, you're going to have disagreements over key issues. Even in such an open & intelligent environment at Bungie.

I think Griesemer says it best:

“I had this really crazy idea for something that I’m not allowed to talk about yet,” says Greisemer, “and a lot of places you’d just get shot down because it’s technically very difficult or artistically hard or from a production angle it’s sort of risky. But here you can get people excited about it and they’re just such a bunch of geniuses that they can actually put it together and make it work.”

Everyone's so good at what they do at Bungie that they can just MAKE THINGS WORK. They're some of the best coders, artists, designers, managers, audio producers (Marty ;)) in the industry. Sometimes we forget that Bungie only hires people with great skills, and people with an ability to work together with the team.

Message Index

Replies:

EDGE Article Now Online!Drakkari 1/18/07 5:08 p.m.
     Re: EDGE Article Now Online!Black Guard 1/18/07 5:51 p.m.
     Re: EDGE Article Now Online!Cody Miller 1/18/07 6:16 p.m.
           Re: EDGE Article Now Online!chargeorge 1/18/07 6:33 p.m.
                 The most important thing in the world...Jman 1/18/07 7:09 p.m.
                       Re: The most important thing in the world...Captain Spark 1/18/07 9:01 p.m.
                             Re: The most important thing in the world...Jman 1/18/07 9:24 p.m.
                                   Re: The most important thing in the world...TelTura 1/18/07 10:51 p.m.
                             You know what was honestly missing that? *s-OT*Spartan Jag 1/18/07 11:03 p.m.
                                   Re: You know what was honestly missing that? *s-OTCaptain Spark 1/18/07 11:37 p.m.
                                   Needs more Cowbell *NM*Schedonnardus 1/19/07 8:58 a.m.
                                   Re: You know what was honestly missing that? *s-OTRed_Breast 1/19/07 10:54 a.m.
                                         If any HL game has that 30 sec, Portal might *NM*mercury 1/19/07 2:14 p.m.
                                         Re: You know what was honestly missing that? *s-OTBlack Guard 1/19/07 7:38 p.m.
                                               Re: You know what was honestly missing that? *s-OTRed_Breast 1/20/07 12:39 p.m.
     Re: EDGE Article Now Online!GhaleonEB 1/18/07 7:36 p.m.
     Re: EDGE Article Now Online!Ducain 1/18/07 9:29 p.m.
           Re: EDGE Article Now Online!Jman 1/18/07 10:02 p.m.
                 Re: EDGE Article Now Online!Louis Wu 1/19/07 5:52 a.m.
     Re: EDGE Article Now Online!Drakkari 1/18/07 11:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.