Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour Gamer
Posted By: Recon#54Date: 9/26/06 10:18 a.m.

In Response To: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour Gamer (3Suns)

Fabulous article! It sums up very well, my feelings and situation.

I still love gaming, I drool over the idea that a game is immersive and has a story-line with depth and complexity, but I can spend 5 days out of the week >1,000 miles from my not only my console, but my wife, my dogs, my home (all of which are higher-priorities than the Xbox when I do get back in town).

Gaming is still a treasure and enjoyable pastime, but for those of us in this situation, we all have to budget our time and energy.

I wouldn't dream of telling a hard-core gamer to "get a life" because they have the ability and time to devote to games. In some ways I envy (and remember) their situation. Ah, the days of my carefree youth! *grin*

But I'm also saddened when I am told that my way of playing and enjoying games defines me as a "casual gamer" and that my enjoyment/opinion is less valid or should be less of a goal for the game designers. Not all hard-core folks take that outlook, but a very vocal percentage tend to.

Message Index

Replies:

Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour Gamer3Suns 9/25/06 7:00 p.m.
     Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour GamerDoT_Gunslinger 9/25/06 9:33 p.m.
           Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour Gamer3Suns 9/26/06 1:34 a.m.
                 Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour GamerDoT Gunslinger 9/26/06 9:09 a.m.
                       Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour Gamer3Suns 9/26/06 5:57 p.m.
     Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour GamerRecon#54 9/26/06 10:18 a.m.
           Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour GamerDoT Gunslinger 9/26/06 10:39 a.m.
                 Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour GamerRecon#54 9/26/06 11:01 a.m.
                       Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour GamerDoT_Gunslinger 9/26/06 1:57 p.m.
           Re: Wired - The Mythical 40-Hour Gamer3Suns 9/26/06 6:09 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.