Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Now I have my thoughts together
Posted By: Dav Flamerock <magicthegatherr@sbcglobal.net>Date: 7/27/06 5:47 p.m.

In Response To: Now I have my thoughts together (Jillybean)

Well, actually this is more of a "beta" version of the game. When I originally made it, there were no Honour values and the ranks were placeholder ranks (they were Grunt, Elite, and Prophet). This didn't work out so well, because the game literally never did end. Oh, and the Wraiths only took up 1 space, and were significantly weaker. I still find them almost impossible to kill, but that just makes them more interesting. It was the idea to put the number values to the ranks that made everything fit into place.

Now that I think about it, I don't think there's honestly another way you could make the rules and still stay true to the description in the book. I always imagined this as basically Covenant Chess. By the way, how DO you pronounce Jaheijagaj? Or is it just spelled the way it sounds?

And depite Louis Wu's apparent surprise that I made a board and pieces, you can't make successful rules without being able to playtest it. That I found out long ago.

Message Index

Replies:

Jillybean's Jaheijagaj Covenant board gameDav Flamerock 7/26/06 7:59 p.m.
     Re: Jillybean's Jaheijagaj Covenant board gameDav Flamerock 7/26/06 7:59 p.m.
           WOWJillybean 7/27/06 2:22 p.m.
           Now I have my thoughts togetherJillybean 7/27/06 2:44 p.m.
                 Re: Now I have my thoughts togetherDav Flamerock 7/27/06 5:47 p.m.
                       Re: Now I have my thoughts togetherBry 7/27/06 6:28 p.m.
                             Re: And you did a great jobDav Flamerock 7/27/06 7:02 p.m.
                                   Re: And you did a great jobJillybean 7/27/06 7:10 p.m.
                                   Re: And you did a great jobBry 7/27/06 8:41 p.m.
                                         Re: And you did a great jobDav Flamerock 7/27/06 9:13 p.m.
                                               Re: And you did a great jobBry 7/27/06 9:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: And you did a great jobBlack Guard 7/28/06 2:57 a.m.
                                                           Re: And you did a great jobBry 7/28/06 6:11 a.m.
     Helpful Direct Link.Wraith7n 7/28/06 11:39 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.