Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Now I have my thoughts together
Posted By: JillybeanDate: 7/27/06 2:44 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Jillybean's Jaheijagaj Covenant board game (Dav Flamerock)

I am really, really flattered - can I get this point across first. Tears in my eyes style flattery.

The board itself looks great, I love the hexagonal board, very in keeping with the Covenant theme. I'm also amazed how you kept the feeling of honour with the tiering of the board, it makes the Covenant aspect of it more fully realised, in my opinion. The idea of the grav lifts is great.

Trooper, Special Ops and Honour Guard is a great way of labelling the infantry troops. I had originally thought of them as being parallels to the different species of Covenant, but I like having them as ranks of Elites instead. It makes the game more personal to the Elite race in that way.

I'm really pleased that you understood the option of spawning another trooper. In tPatW, the culture of the Elites is as a race which lives for a very long time and takes some time to reach maturity. As a result, it was very important for them to show their lineage. You noted that the games would take forever and I think that on board they would. I imagined boards being set up in the mess hall and left out for months as the game would go on between four participants between shifts, relying on the players honour not to peek at the rest of the board. Obviously we don't have that long!

Overall, I'm just amazed. I'd love to play Jaheijagaj some day, though I have a sneaking suspicion I'd be very bad at it!

Message Index

Replies:

Jillybean's Jaheijagaj Covenant board gameDav Flamerock 7/26/06 7:59 p.m.
     Re: Jillybean's Jaheijagaj Covenant board gameDav Flamerock 7/26/06 7:59 p.m.
           WOWJillybean 7/27/06 2:22 p.m.
           Now I have my thoughts togetherJillybean 7/27/06 2:44 p.m.
                 Re: Now I have my thoughts togetherDav Flamerock 7/27/06 5:47 p.m.
                       Re: Now I have my thoughts togetherBry 7/27/06 6:28 p.m.
                             Re: And you did a great jobDav Flamerock 7/27/06 7:02 p.m.
                                   Re: And you did a great jobJillybean 7/27/06 7:10 p.m.
                                   Re: And you did a great jobBry 7/27/06 8:41 p.m.
                                         Re: And you did a great jobDav Flamerock 7/27/06 9:13 p.m.
                                               Re: And you did a great jobBry 7/27/06 9:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: And you did a great jobBlack Guard 7/28/06 2:57 a.m.
                                                           Re: And you did a great jobBry 7/28/06 6:11 a.m.
     Helpful Direct Link.Wraith7n 7/28/06 11:39 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.