glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Wow, not meaning to jump on the bandwagon, but...
Posted By: [AMS] GreyThorDate: 3/10/06 4:22 p.m.

In Response To: Totally awesome. ([AMS] GreyThor)

: Man, you made me feel nostalgic just reading that. Let's see if any of my
: little bros want to play Halo 1 Blood Gulch. Amazing, Skavenger.
: ~Grey

You got some gears turning in me, Skav. Doesn't come close to yours though.

Just when nostalgia gets the best of you...
Someone else is feeling the exact same way: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=692035

"It was truly amazing. This place has a lot of memories for me. Getting close to 5 years I guess. 5 years of the valley floor filled with rockets, sniper trails and from time to time Texas film crews battling the heat to finish on time and under budget. I would guess this place had become a household name, a second home to a lot of us. But what happened? Where has everyone gone? Why has no one returned?"

"I guess for now this will be my home. A place I feel comfortable with. Even if everyone has moved on to new places, new canyons and worlds to explore, I still find favor with this place. I will never forget one stone, one hill or one blade of grass. I can tell you where every line of sight is. Remember this place, this small corner of the galaxy where you spent so many hours of enjoyment and frustration."

Oh man, I remember days - months even - when friends and family would play on Blood Gulch, after a day's worth of fishing and boating (back when kneeboarding was the big thing because wakeboarding wasn't known to us), and we'd eat our day's catch of fish, crab, and shrimp, and stay up late at night playing hard until a parent comes down at one in the morning to tell us to hit the sack. The funnest arena for four was Blood Gulch, this place in the small corner fo the galaxy where so many hours of enjoyment and frustration was truly spent, like nothing else ever existed but great Blood Gulch.

And then, a friend went off to college - in Athens. Ben, well, I don't know if he picks up a game anymore. Jas, whenever Ben's around, he'll pick one up - usually with me. Pat... ever since the sequel came out, he hasn't touched it. Doens't plan to either, like he has made up his mind about Poker too. The twins... they still play, much to my objections. Howeve, they're easy pickings at times, and whenever you need someone else to help out, they're always there.

And me. Well, soon to go off to a college I've yet to decide upon, I still know the story. I know the great story, the history, everything irrelevent to getting me through life here, but still I take enjoyment of knowing everything I could know - because I guess everyone needs a hobby, and this is one such hobby that helps get me through the days.

Those that know of this arena, this playfield, and know of the sequel, well, they know the sequel. They know what's offered with friends. It's all I do with the sequel these days anyways. I remember when the sequel wasn't released yet and when I'd go through the prequel so fast that it'd register as a speed run. Those that know this arena know of it's evolution, know of the countless sniper trails and rockets that have flown over the battlefied, the tank treads marking up the terrain and the jeeps jumping the hills. The flyers providing cover, and occasionally them too adding their wreckage to the ground. How despite this heavier fighting, the arena has grown much lusher, into Coagulation. And the fights that go on for almost two years is still going on today, as we speak.

Sometimes, when things get a bit quieter, I will return, I will return with my friends and family, and have the fun we have had years past, when those years we had just what we had for us, and nothing else but our company and enjoyment.

Ya rock, Skav!

Message Index

Replies:

BG:National MonumentSkavenger_s7 3/10/06 9:13 a.m.
     <3BOLL 3/10/06 11:06 a.m.
           My home away from home...Scaraby 3/10/06 11:45 a.m.
     Beautiful! :)hminn 3/10/06 11:56 a.m.
           Re: Beautiful! :)Michael M. 3/10/06 2:43 p.m.
                 Re: Beautiful! :)vector40 3/16/06 3:11 p.m.
                       Crimson Skies, per chance? *NM*Psychophan7 3/16/06 3:16 p.m.
     AmazingMasterCheifn 3/10/06 2:34 p.m.
           Re: AmazingHk_Symbiont 3/11/06 10:06 a.m.
     Loved it! *NM*Michael M. 3/10/06 2:43 p.m.
     Totally awesome.[AMS] GreyThor 3/10/06 4:04 p.m.
           Wow, not meaning to jump on the bandwagon, but...[AMS] GreyThor 3/10/06 4:22 p.m.
                 Thanx. Good to see people relating. (Im not alone) *NM*skavenger_s7 3/10/06 5:15 p.m.
     That was cool. Skav IS back. Sorta. *NM*Funkmon 3/11/06 10:05 a.m.
           Re: That was cool. Skav IS back. Sorta.spartanerik 3/11/06 10:27 a.m.
           Re: That was cool. Skav IS back. Sorta.Guy Sanders 3/11/06 5:21 p.m.
                 Thanks..................... :) *NM*skavenger_s7 3/12/06 1:34 p.m.
     Wonderful. Just wonderful. <=) *NM*Pixellated 3/11/06 10:27 a.m.
     Re: BG:National MonumentBlack Six 3/11/06 10:29 a.m.
     Re: BG:National MonumentHk_Symbiont 3/11/06 11:00 a.m.
     GladlyJinno 3/11/06 11:47 a.m.
     Sounds to me like a LAN party is in order. *NM*Ma1agate 3/11/06 12:21 p.m.
     AmazingSpenser 3/11/06 12:30 p.m.
     I Love YouMintz 3/11/06 12:59 p.m.
           Re: I Love You...me too :pvshields ash 3/12/06 2:50 p.m.
     Great job!Boris 3/11/06 1:17 p.m.
           Re: Great job!Ryan Broxterman 3/11/06 4:12 p.m.
                 Of onions and homosexuality.Hawaiian Pig 3/11/06 7:49 p.m.
                       Both are gay?!? Is that a racist style remark? LOLskavenger_s7 3/12/06 7:25 a.m.
     How do you rock so hard?Grey Wolf 3/11/06 1:51 p.m.
     Re: BG:National MonumentAldiron 3/11/06 2:03 p.m.
     fitting tribute *NM*Jamirus99 3/11/06 3:53 p.m.
     Very GoodKalanosis 3/11/06 4:50 p.m.
     Re: BG:National MonumentDucain 3/11/06 7:41 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.