Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Library aint so bad
Posted By: Ma1agateDate: 3/1/06 3:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Library aint so bad (scarab)

: But. I'm not sure if I want to see him redeemed. I always saw him as self
: centered and self serving. And his actions to date can be seen as merely
: expedient.

Eh, I think he is(or was, rather) just faithful to the core. That is why even though he made his best effort to kill the MC in Halo, he didn't protest at his punishment in Halo 2. I think that now that he's discovered his religion is a sham, he's determined to stop those who he realizes lied to him and used him his whole life.

He doesn't want to see his race decimated by ignorace, at the hands of the Prophets. He only hated humans because he was told they were evil. Now he is cooperating with our little band of heroes because he doesn't want to see the Elites wiped out under false pretenses. The Elites are the honorable race. I don't see him as being selfish, I see him as a totally honorable character.

I doubt he's going to continue his efforts with the same suicidal bent, but I don't expect him to live through the next installment. I can totally picture him sacrificing himself for the greater good of his people if it means they learn the real truth and can bring down the Prophets.

: Would his religion survive knowing that Humans were Forerunner descendants?
: (Assuming for the sake of argument that we are). If he saw that his Gods
: had feet of clay then he may not be inclined to worship us.

No, I think he's just come to realize what the Heretic had been saying all along is true.

: The Covenant is broken, his Gods dethroned, every race pitted against the
: other, and possession of the Ark may promise power. He may be tempted to
: seize it for the good of his own race.

Unlikely. Tartarus had Cmdr. Keyes activate Halo, remember? We don't know that any other species could activate it. Besides, honor is a big thing to the Arbiter, I can't see him doing that at all. Plus, Sarge, Cmdr. Keyes, and the Arbiter were all left on 05 when the MC jumped into the Forerunner ship. He wouldn't be in any position to seize it for himself anyway.

And just for the record, I think the Brutes' loping run is decidedly ape-like. I don't think there is anything jerky or strange about it. Just sayin'.

~Ma1

Message Index

Replies:

The Library aint so badSlimby 2/27/06 7:42 p.m.
     Yes it is!!!Peronthious 2/27/06 8:09 p.m.
           Re: Yes it is!!!Ibeechu 2/27/06 8:20 p.m.
                 Re: Yes it is!!!Spartan Jag 2/27/06 9:23 p.m.
                       Re: Yes it is!!!Slimby 2/27/06 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Yes it is!!!Ename Nep 2/27/06 9:27 p.m.
                             truth:bentrider 2/27/06 10:02 p.m.
     Re: The Library aint so badnero 2/27/06 8:53 p.m.
           Re: The Library aint so badSlith 2/27/06 10:47 p.m.
     For anybody who wants to have some fun:downrodeo 2/27/06 10:59 p.m.
     Re: The Library aint so badNarcogen 2/28/06 12:51 a.m.
           Re: The Library aint so badSlimby 2/28/06 1:15 a.m.
                 Re: The Library aint so badNarcogen 2/28/06 1:54 a.m.
                       Re: The Library aint so badscarab 2/28/06 7:39 a.m.
                             Re: The Library aint so badNarcogen 3/1/06 2:39 a.m.
                                   Re: The Library aint so badscarab 3/1/06 7:54 a.m.
                                         Re: The Library aint so badMa1agate 3/1/06 3:41 p.m.
                                               Re: The Library aint so badscarab 3/1/06 4:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: The Library aint so badSpartan Jag 3/1/06 4:51 p.m.
                                                           The odd couplescarab 3/1/06 5:00 p.m.
                                                                 The Motley Crewscarab 3/1/06 5:38 p.m.
                                                     Flashbackscarab 3/1/06 4:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: The Library aint so badMa1agate 3/2/06 7:53 a.m.
           Re: The Library aint so badMa1agate 2/28/06 10:25 a.m.
     I like itscarab 2/28/06 1:28 a.m.
           Me too but I use the pistolRockslider 2/28/06 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: Me too but I use the pistolLoneRanger 2.5 2/28/06 6:15 p.m.
                 Re: Me too but I use the pistolscarab 3/1/06 10:43 a.m.
     Re: The Library aint so badmike miller 2/28/06 4:33 p.m.
     An older Library threadRockslider 2/28/06 4:55 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.