Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I like it
Posted By: scarabDate: 2/28/06 1:28 a.m.

In Response To: The Library aint so bad (Slimby)

Its not my favorite but I do like it, especially in the late night/early morning. You are half asleep, running on auto-pilot and its just strafe and shoot, keep moving, past this threat and on to the next.

It doesn't take too long if you do just go for it and run through the levels. You may get some spectacular deaths but, most of the time, it pays off.

Someone said that the rocket flood were bad. I hate the one-shot shotgun deaths the most. Especially if I've just shotgunned him and he turns round and one-shot kills me at the same range. Grrrrr!!!!

I like it when you are surrounded by Flood, your shields are down, and you just have to keep jinking and jumping to avoid hits till your shields rise again, meleeing infection forms and shotgunning that combat form b4 he lashes you, trying to be in the gaps between the needles, hoping that your shields will recharge in time. You have to know where all the threats are, were you are in relationship to them, and were the next best place to be is, constantly thinking, constantly moving, and playing by instinct. Its a great workout. :)

I think that Legendary difficulty in the original Halo was perfectly judged. Its hard, hard enough to stretch you but you were tough enough to get stuck in and mix it. You had a good chance of getting through if you played your best game.

Take the assualt on the gravity lift in T&R. I take a needler and a plasma pistol and run out from the cover of the narrow canyon. My plan is a balls out attack, no sniping from cover, kill every Covenant, live in the open, melee the Hunters to death.

The framerate stutters because there is so much Covenant blood on the ground. Piles of fallen grenades go off in mega chain reactions, leading an Elite and filling him with needles, a frag grenade into the midst of the next wave dropping to the gravity lift, your shields gone, your allies dead but more on the way. Can you hold out? Yes! the Hunters have arrived. KILL THEM!

Its awesome!

And not at all like my day job:)

Message Index

Replies:

The Library aint so badSlimby 2/27/06 7:42 p.m.
     Yes it is!!!Peronthious 2/27/06 8:09 p.m.
           Re: Yes it is!!!Ibeechu 2/27/06 8:20 p.m.
                 Re: Yes it is!!!Spartan Jag 2/27/06 9:23 p.m.
                       Re: Yes it is!!!Slimby 2/27/06 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Yes it is!!!Ename Nep 2/27/06 9:27 p.m.
                             truth:bentrider 2/27/06 10:02 p.m.
     Re: The Library aint so badnero 2/27/06 8:53 p.m.
           Re: The Library aint so badSlith 2/27/06 10:47 p.m.
     For anybody who wants to have some fun:downrodeo 2/27/06 10:59 p.m.
     Re: The Library aint so badNarcogen 2/28/06 12:51 a.m.
           Re: The Library aint so badSlimby 2/28/06 1:15 a.m.
                 Re: The Library aint so badNarcogen 2/28/06 1:54 a.m.
                       Re: The Library aint so badscarab 2/28/06 7:39 a.m.
                             Re: The Library aint so badNarcogen 3/1/06 2:39 a.m.
                                   Re: The Library aint so badscarab 3/1/06 7:54 a.m.
                                         Re: The Library aint so badMa1agate 3/1/06 3:41 p.m.
                                               Re: The Library aint so badscarab 3/1/06 4:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: The Library aint so badSpartan Jag 3/1/06 4:51 p.m.
                                                           The odd couplescarab 3/1/06 5:00 p.m.
                                                                 The Motley Crewscarab 3/1/06 5:38 p.m.
                                                     Flashbackscarab 3/1/06 4:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: The Library aint so badMa1agate 3/2/06 7:53 a.m.
           Re: The Library aint so badMa1agate 2/28/06 10:25 a.m.
     I like itscarab 2/28/06 1:28 a.m.
           Me too but I use the pistolRockslider 2/28/06 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: Me too but I use the pistolLoneRanger 2.5 2/28/06 6:15 p.m.
                 Re: Me too but I use the pistolscarab 3/1/06 10:43 a.m.
     Re: The Library aint so badmike miller 2/28/06 4:33 p.m.
     An older Library threadRockslider 2/28/06 4:55 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.