Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I disagree
Posted By: mrbananas <dgreenwood@lacademy.edu>Date: 10/19/05 8:38 p.m.

In Response To: I disagree (CaptainThanas)

I still think it will and should be the storyline of halo combat evolved. Remember, the movie has to be open to non halo fans to get into. Halo is really the first part of the whole halo universe story. Halo was the first part told in the videogame world and i feel that it should also be the first part told in the movie world.

Because the movie has to be for the general audience, it has to be something that everyone can enjoy. A whole different story based in the halo universe wouldn't work. This is the first movie, there for it must be the one that establishes the halo universe. Now while fall of reach comes before halo, The fall of reach is just back ground information. (just like comparing starwars episode IV, and then its back ground story's I-III. IV is the one that best established the Starwars universe. The rest is just the story but the first movie must be a complete adventure in itself. Jurrasic Park establishes its universe and then the next movie and the fan-made Jurrasic Park III(seriously, come on, it was only 1 and half long, and only three people died, Kill the damn mother, she was the only one without any clues in her head.)

Fall of reach ties in all aspects of the history of the Halo universe, but it is not really a stand alone story. its a history lesson. And the last thing you want to do is make your first film s history lesson of a universe that is not yet familer to everyone. (remember, the movie must be made for the mass audiences.) Imagine if the first lord of the rings movie was the hobbit and not TFOTR. I have not seen the hobbit, or read any of the books, so this could be a really bad example, but since the guy made the LOTR movies and now halo, i thought it would be nice to work that in.

Halo is a grand stand-alone storyline that clearly was able to draw in tons of people to the game. i think that the same story basis can bring in the box office tickets. Now i know the current halo storyline is made for game. But it can be remodeled without breaking any halo laws or nessarcay having to add new things. So storyline of the movie and game will be very different from each other. but key things such as the halo ring, the flood, and the chiefs attude will stay the same, but the sequence of events might change to make it work with holywood and movies in general

(Compare the lost world jurassic park to the book, two completely different storys. I would say that only 50% of the movie comes from the books, and then the other 50% hollywood made up themselves. The Key componts, Site B and dinosaurs and research team and rivil team are the same. However, in my opinion, the only event that both the book and movie share is the trailer being pushed over the edge by the t-rexs, Thats it. because in the Book, Ingen is gone, backrupt, erases from history, At the end of jurrasic park john hammond is dead [owner of park] and ian malcim is dead, these were to major characters in the film [Ian is not really dead, but he was though dead at the end of the first book and you don't learn till the second book that he almost did die but survied].)

I bet you all can't stop thinking now about jurrasic park, or halo, or master chief trying to fight a t-rex and grunts being eaten by rapters.

Message Index

Replies:

Peter Jackson really loves HaloTempus Fugit 10/19/05 3:27 p.m.
     Re: Peter Jackson really loves HaloSpartan Jag 10/19/05 6:06 p.m.
     Hmmm...stan 10/19/05 6:40 p.m.
           Yes, I thought so...58 10/19/05 7:10 p.m.
                 Re: Yes, I thought so...Guardian [cheaptrickfan09] 10/19/05 7:18 p.m.
                       Not that I disagree....58 10/19/05 7:21 p.m.
                             I disagreeCaptainThanas 10/19/05 7:52 p.m.
                                   Re: I disagreemrbananas 10/19/05 8:38 p.m.
                                         Re: I disagreegspawn 10/19/05 8:58 p.m.
                                               Re: I disagreemrbananas 10/19/05 9:04 p.m.
                                         BAD IDEA58 10/20/05 4:53 p.m.
                 Re: Yes, I thought so...PsycoJoe 10/19/05 9:39 p.m.
                       That wouldn't involve MC58 10/20/05 4:54 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.