glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!
Posted By: Dennis <Dennis@halomaps.org>Date: 4/10/05 6:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home! (beetlecrazy12)

: Awesome. I like te series because it truly shows emotion. It shows
: what one player in Halo CE's devmode can accomplish with the
: underrated minds of the Halo Ce modding community

Part of the purpose for the series was to show off the maps and custom enviroments of the Halo CE game. I had no illusions of drawing 1,000s of players to the game, but if people saw what was possible they might want to try it. Since the series started we have had over 4,000 downloads of the game. Some of that is due to increased download speeds and some well... who knows?

: Love the Series! I love it how you make it so dramatic. Well hope you keep up
: the good work.

Once I started getting my feet wet I found that it was a cool way to tell a story. I grew up with comic books and remember when Spiderman first debuted. Until that time I was a superman fan where life was black or white, right or wrong with no shades of grey.

As a young boy I related to Peter Parker who struggled with what he had become and how with all his superpowers he still caught colds, still had to do homework and later make a living while trying to do the right thing.

The Spartan in Halo is, by marketing necessity, a Superman style character and could not be a fully developed person. Or else you would not be able to take his place in the game. I wanted to tell a story of a man damaged and beaten by life and circumstances and place him in a world where there are real consequences to the violence around him.

As Mr. Wu so eloquently put it I wanted to tell a compelling story as "Proof that Halo machinima doesn't have to be all about blowing stuff up"

The Halo CE Chronicles

Message Index

Replies:

The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!Dennis 4/10/05 12:36 a.m.
     Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!Devil Mingy 4/10/05 12:39 a.m.
           Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!beetlecrazy12 4/10/05 1:58 a.m.
                 Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!Dennis 4/10/05 6:23 p.m.
     Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!PsycoJoe 4/10/05 4:47 a.m.
           Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!Dennis 4/10/05 6:05 p.m.
     Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!pmzukan 4/10/05 5:33 a.m.
     Re: The Halo CE Chronicles now has a new home!RC Master 4/10/05 7:49 a.m.
     Dennis, read thisArashi90 4/10/05 11:51 a.m.
           Re: Dennis, read thisDennis 4/10/05 5:40 p.m.
                 Re: Dennis, read thisArashi90 4/11/05 12:54 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.