Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Theory: Gravemind is Forerunner. *minor SP* *l
Posted By: 17 <sachas@btconnect.com>Date: 2/25/05 6:24 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Theory: Gravemind is Forerunner. *minor SP* *l (blitz_raven)

: Question: How could the gravemind be a "forerunner" when the Halo
: that was activated by the forerunners in turn killed them. the gravemind
: would have been killed as well. I think the origional theory works about
: the gravemind being the brain behind the flood, perhaps it went into
: hibernation or something when Halo was activated

It definitely controls some of the Flood. I like the theory that that blob in Halo 1 was the start of something similar on Halo 04. Taking that into account I believe the Gravemind was a similar blob and consumed a Forerunner - or enough information to be near God-like. With such intellect I wouldn't put it past him to somehow hibernate, or escape the firings of the Halos on the actual Halos (if for some reason the Halos firings don't effect anything on the Halos). Might go something like this: Flood that consumes most effective, intelligent (or whatever) host becomes the automatic head of all the other Flood - and they act as one being. All the primary hosts go to one location, where the information is stored by the brain of the Flood. And he controls his little minions with telekenisis - or whatever.

Message Index

Replies:

Theory: Gravemind is Forerunner. *minor SP* *long*7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 2/24/05 6:51 p.m.
     Re: Theory: Gravemind is Forerunner. *minor SP* *lCuda II 2/24/05 7:17 p.m.
     Re: Theory: Gravemind is Forerunner. *minor SP* *l17 2/24/05 8:23 p.m.
           Re: Theory: Gravemind is Forerunner. *minor SP* *lblitz_raven 2/25/05 1:23 p.m.
                 Re: Theory: Gravemind is Forerunner. *minor SP* *l17 2/25/05 6:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.