Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cinematics in games (and Halo 2!) on MSN
Posted By: rolly poly <static_man_420@hotmail.com>Date: 1/29/05 10:50 a.m.

In Response To: Cinematics in games (and Halo 2!) on MSN (Anton P. Nym (aka Steve))

i for one don't play games to be immersed.

i play for fun and a story. if i am not rewarded for my actions on levels by getting beatifully rendered (or in this case popup riddled) cutscenes, i just don't play.

being challenged and immersed is not my idea of a good game. *my life* isn't so bad that i need an escape, but i do enjoy a good story. which i feel halo(1 & 2 (barely)) provided. (check out the latest stargate sg-1 for a VERY similar story ;))

i do enjoy interactivity, but without the story advancement a cutscene provides, it's a chore to play most games.

i played half of halo 2 in french, and honestly playing it in english only advanced the story at cutscenes, so remove those and halo 2 is nothing but a killing spree.

Message Index

Replies:

Cinematics in games (and Halo 2!) on MSNAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/28/05 5:42 p.m.
     I think they should of done Half-Life style...WildMonkeys 1/29/05 8:39 a.m.
     Re: Cinematics in games (and Halo 2!) on MSNPak 1/29/05 10:23 a.m.
     Re: Cinematics in games (and Halo 2!) on MSNrolly poly 1/29/05 10:50 a.m.
           quick striprolly poly 1/29/05 12:28 p.m.
     Update (was Re: Cinematics in games)Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/31/05 6:51 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.