Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: You know you're drunk when . . .
Posted By: MC vince <mcvince55@hotmail.com>Date: 1/16/05 5:31 a.m.

In Response To: Re: You know you're drunk when . . . (The Se7enth Prophet)

: I see now. Thanks for saying that.

: First of all, I know I have no place in making that post, but it wasn't me
: speaking when I made it. I simply saw what others oppinions were on some
: issues, and put them into other words. I was merely saying it from one
: newbie to the next. What to watch out for. I did not intend for this to be
: anything official, anyway.

: Second, I know that a lot of this was very hypocritical. I knew that when I
: was writing it, and I know that now. These are some of my experiences in
: the recent month put into words and then told to the newer newbies. When I
: decided to make it, it was to let the newer people know what will probably
: be in store for them.

: I knok that a lot of the things I talked about I am guilty of, and that is my
: inspiration for writing this. I know I was a search abuser very recently,
: and I admit it. I admit that I am very guilty of things in that post. I'm
: guilty of mispelling, but I try to get as close to the word as I can.
: Lately I've even been writing my posts in Word before I ever put it into
: the typing box.

: Hope this helped. I know it was silly of me to make the post in the first
: place, but it was only to help.

: --The Se7enth Prophet

: (Oh, and I don't consider the 7 in my name leet speak. It is the only place I
: have ever used it, and my name looks better with it there.)

To be honest this thread raises the two problems that FAQ's have.

The first one is getting people to read them in the first place, as what is the point of having a faq if no one is prepared to read them?

The second point, and arguably the most problematic of the two, is actually getting people to follow, and use the advice that is being given.

You yourself have openly admitted that you are guilty of some of the things that you advise not to do in your FAQ, yet you are able to write a decent guide for people posting on the forum. This example highlights that the problem is not people not having a clue, they do, they just choose not to comply with the advice given.
Most people say "Why should I bother, it's not hurting anyone?" and "I can't be bothered!" This just points out, the answer is not more guides and FAQ's written by people, it's about changing people's attitudes; Firstly to get people to read guides in the first place, secondly, to get people to see why they should follow the advice given, and most importantly, to get people using that advice themselves.

MC vince

Message Index

Replies:

A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 5:57 p.m.
     Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*KP 1/15/05 6:11 p.m.
           Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 6:15 p.m.
                 Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*Spart-Construct-117 1/15/05 6:44 p.m.
                       Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 7:11 p.m.
                             Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*Spart-Construct-117 1/15/05 7:13 p.m.
     Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*C-B 1/15/05 7:07 p.m.
           yes it is. *NM*Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 7:12 p.m.
           Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 7:19 p.m.
                 Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*C-B 1/15/05 8:03 p.m.
     Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 7:30 p.m.
     You know you're drunk when . . .Jillybean 1/15/05 8:18 p.m.
           Re: You know you're drunk when . . .The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 8:24 p.m.
                 Re: You know you're drunk when . . .FrogBlast 1/15/05 8:25 p.m.
                       Re: You know you're drunk when . . .The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 8:30 p.m.
                             Re: You know you're drunk when . . .zugy 1/15/05 8:32 p.m.
                             Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 8:40 p.m.
                       Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Jillybean 1/15/05 8:37 p.m.
                             Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 8:43 p.m.
                                   Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Jillybean 1/15/05 8:45 p.m.
                                         Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 8:51 p.m.
                                               Re: You know you're drunk when . . .The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 8:52 p.m.
                                                     Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 8:57 p.m.
                                         Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Scanner Darkly 1/15/05 9:24 p.m.
                             Re: You know you're drunk when . . .The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 8:48 p.m.
                                   Re: You know you're drunk when . . .zugy 1/15/05 9:07 p.m.
                                         Well...The Se7enth Prophet 1/15/05 9:17 p.m.
                                         Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Hawaiian Pig 1/15/05 9:43 p.m.
                                               Re: You know you're drunk when . . .BOLL 1/16/05 3:52 p.m.
                                                     Haha, my point exactly *NM*Hawaiian Pig 1/16/05 4:32 p.m.
                                   Re: You know you're drunk when . . .MC vince 1/16/05 5:31 a.m.
                             Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Grady 1/15/05 10:02 p.m.
           Re: You know you're drunk when . . .Alexis 1/16/05 2:45 a.m.
                 Re: You know you're drunk when . . .zugy 1/16/05 3:15 a.m.
                       Re: You know you're drunk when . . .eddie m 1/17/05 2:16 a.m.
     Re: A Lot of New Faces *Guide**Long*zugy 1/15/05 8:30 p.m.
     Just a few factsMichael M. 1/16/05 12:43 a.m.
           Re: Just a few factszugy 1/16/05 12:53 a.m.
           Re: Just a few factsCoviehunter 1/16/05 10:37 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.