glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?
Posted By: kaine904Date: 12/12/04 5:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming? (MarkHawk)

You know, i tried this sucker out, and after tweaking it a bit, i found it worked nicely. There are a few problems, but after tweaking settings on the frag AND on the box, it felt like i was playing a pc shooter. There are a few problems though, but nothing seriouse. If i had a choice between this thing and a standard controler, i dont think i could choose, but if i had to choose between the frag and the controler S, i would pick this thing any day.

one thing though, someone needs to make some custom drivers to further correct the analogstick -> mousepad deadzone stuff. The problem is that the xbox analog thumbstick is designed to compensate for the fact that it is a thumbstick. Its hard to put into words....
ok, imagine taking your regular joystick and using it as you would a mouse, the way you move the joystick is in 3-D, but the pc doesn't know this so it makes it dificult for you to move to a specific coord on it s screen.

Basically what i am talking about it correcting the corrections that the xbox has built in, to do this one would need to overlay a "punched" grid over the xboxs inverted concave one, allowing you to move the mouse as you would regularly on a 2-d grid rather than a 3-d one.

to see a nice color illistration:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90786524@N00/2148898/

Message Index

Replies:

SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?BOLL 11/12/04 12:09 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?whswarrior87 11/12/04 12:18 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?Hawaiian Pig 11/12/04 12:18 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?Vidd 11/12/04 12:20 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?CYBRFRK 11/12/04 12:24 p.m.
           Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?KP 11/12/04 1:45 p.m.
                 Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?CYBRFRK 12/3/04 3:20 p.m.
                       LAG *NM*KP 12/3/04 9:36 p.m.
           Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?Louis Wu 11/12/04 5:24 p.m.
                 Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?ragereset 11/12/04 9:30 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?full-bore 11/12/04 1:58 p.m.
           Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?MarkHawk 11/12/04 2:16 p.m.
                 Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?kaine904 12/12/04 5:18 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.