glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?
Posted By: Vidd <space-cowboy@sbcglobal.net>Date: 11/12/04 12:20 p.m.

In Response To: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming? (BOLL)

Over at GameFAQs there were dozens of topics popping up about how this would ruin H2 Live, give unfair advantages, blah blah. I'll try to repeat what I said there.

Halo (2) was built around and with the Xbox controller in mind. It's made, very well btw, so that in playing it you won't immediately think "Dude, I would do SO much better with a K/M setup." Likewise, although it would doubtfully make you *worse,* it simply wasn't created with a K/M in mind. I should add that it's technically impossible to turn faster with a SmartJoy FRAG mouse than with a thumbstick, because of the way the game is made.

Now, of course, there are many people who prefer, are more used to and would therefore do better with a K/M. Myself I have always found the Xbox controllers more comfortable and better suited while playing Halo, but I think it's all opinion, and also "upbringing" (whether you mostly have played FPSs on consoles or computers).

But all in all it won't give any magical advantage. The Shotgun won't become any more accurate, and you won't get any more shots with the Beam Rifle. And anyone can use it and be better with it, fine by me, but if you think for one second that because I'm using a thumbstick instead of a mouse to aim that my Sniper round won't still pass through your head, then go ahead and stick it out.

Message Index

Replies:

SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?BOLL 11/12/04 12:09 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?whswarrior87 11/12/04 12:18 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?Hawaiian Pig 11/12/04 12:18 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?Vidd 11/12/04 12:20 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?CYBRFRK 11/12/04 12:24 p.m.
           Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?KP 11/12/04 1:45 p.m.
                 Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?CYBRFRK 12/3/04 3:20 p.m.
                       LAG *NM*KP 12/3/04 9:36 p.m.
           Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?Louis Wu 11/12/04 5:24 p.m.
                 Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?ragereset 11/12/04 9:30 p.m.
     Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?full-bore 11/12/04 1:58 p.m.
           Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?MarkHawk 11/12/04 2:16 p.m.
                 Re: SmartJoy FRAG, a threat to online gaming?kaine904 12/12/04 5:18 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.