Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Wax On, Wax Off
Posted By: Pallor [subnova] <pallor@subnova.com>Date: 6/2/04 12:41 p.m.

In Response To: Shave your head, easier to dry... (El Bastard)

: Yes, MSFT needs APPL. Forunately for Apple, Jobs, and Mac fans everywhere,
: Apple is at a point in its life (have been arguably since the beloved iMac
: hit the scene) where it only 'needs' MSFT. They're financially independant
: of Redmond.

I never posited that they were not financially independent. This is not akin to a debate on Accenture v. Accenture, Inc. v. Accenture, LLC, and their financial entanglements and legalities. I stated that MSFT was a big investor in Apple. Investments happen by monetary infusions directly, research and development and strategic partnerships.

:: Snipped personal diatribe on the merits of Apple, its marketshare, and user base; snipped personal assessments of applications offered for the platform. Stricken as they are meritless to the instant case.::

: In short, so long as the Mac continues to be compatible with the big items on
: the PC (market share or not) Apple will be fine. If the day comes when
: Macs cannot play nicely with PCs, then and only then will MSFT need to
: figure out how to "save the day". Office is developed for the
: Mac because MSFT needs it to be - not because Mac users need MSFT...

MSFT needs Office on the Mac so it can provide a reasonable basis to show that they are not a platform monopoly (and pocket some extra change). It also doesn't hurt that the business standard is MS Office, and those of us on lone Macs in a PC world appreciate the complete compatability and ease of use.

: Big difference in perspectives, and I respectfully dissent with your opinion

You offered your opinion on points not brought up by opposing counsel in an effort to mask the actual argument. Your objections are overruled.

-- Meg

(Lets not forget, I am still an Apple user, even after sending my ibook back to the company three times for repairs under 11 months of owning it. The ibook goes to every law class with me, every court hearing, and is an essential part of my work this summer for the Commonwealth. I am looking forward to procuring the most recent version of Office for OSX. I titter with excitement at the integrated applications, ease of use and the new design. I may loathe the company, but like most bad things for you, I maintain my double standard of Mac Love and MSFT hatred, while understanding that hatred is often a mask for intense lust.)

...every hand's a winner & every hand's a loser...

Message Index

Replies:

Rinse, repeat...Magus [Subnova] 6/1/04 1:13 a.m.
     Hey.....343winks 6/1/04 1:16 a.m.
           Re: Hey.....McChief 6/1/04 1:32 a.m.
                 correctamundo......343winks 6/1/04 1:41 a.m.
                       Re: correctamundo......McChief 6/1/04 1:47 a.m.
                             Re: correctamundo......McChief 6/1/04 1:50 a.m.
                       Re: correctamundo......Ross Mills [subnova] 6/1/04 6:39 a.m.
           I was confused for a minute.Owm 6/1/04 3:33 a.m.
     Re: Rinse, repeat...Jamirus99 6/1/04 6:09 a.m.
           LatherPallor [subnova] 6/1/04 2:23 p.m.
                 Re: LatherLouis Wu 6/1/04 2:31 p.m.
                       Re: LatherSep7imus [subnova] 6/1/04 2:35 p.m.
                       When Soap Gets In Your EyesPallor [subnova] 6/1/04 2:43 p.m.
                             Re: When Soap Gets In Your Eyesoddworld18 6/1/04 2:51 p.m.
                                   No More TearsPallor [subnova] 6/1/04 3:01 p.m.
                                         Re: Head and ShouldersWado SG 6/1/04 4:56 p.m.
                                               knees and toesThe MorningStar 6/1/04 5:06 p.m.
                                               Re: Head and ShouldersLouis Wu 6/1/04 5:21 p.m.
                                                     Re: Head and ShouldersCount Zero 6/1/04 7:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: Head and ShouldersWado SG 6/2/04 1:06 p.m.
                                         Gah!mnemesis 6/1/04 5:13 p.m.
                             Re: When Soap Gets In Your EyesMikeMan445 6/1/04 5:46 p.m.
                                   Re: When Soap Gets In Your EyesLouis Wu 6/1/04 7:16 p.m.
                                         Re: When Soap Gets In Your EyesMikeMan445 6/1/04 11:47 p.m.
                             Re: When Soap Gets In Your EyesEl Bastard 6/2/04 12:43 a.m.
                                   Re: When Soap Gets In Your Eyesdaedalus 6/2/04 2:34 a.m.
                                   Vidal SassoonPallor [subnova] 6/2/04 8:39 a.m.
                                         (She's got the urge) She's got the urge to herbal.Ross Mills [subnova] 6/2/04 9:38 a.m.
                                               Re: (She's got the urge) She's got the urge to herThorsHammer 6/2/04 10:25 a.m.
                                         Shave your head, easier to dry...El Bastard 6/2/04 10:20 a.m.
                                               ignore grammatical errors - been up for 10 min now *NM*El Bastard 6/2/04 10:23 a.m.
                                               Wax On, Wax OffPallor [subnova] 6/2/04 12:41 p.m.
                                                     Chrome DomeWado SG 6/2/04 2:13 p.m.
                                                           LMAOPallor [subnova] 6/2/04 2:47 p.m.
                                                                 Re: LMAOSep7imus [subnova] 6/2/04 3:47 p.m.
                                                                       Re: LMAOWado SG 6/2/04 6:49 p.m.
                                                                             Re: LMAOdeanero 6/2/04 8:29 p.m.
                                                     Sand the floorEl Bastard 6/2/04 4:21 p.m.
                 Re: LatherMikeMan445 6/1/04 5:48 p.m.
                       Re: Latherdaedalus 6/2/04 2:25 a.m.
     Re: Rinse, repeat...Sep7imus [subnova] 6/1/04 10:03 a.m.
     Re: Rinse, repeat...some sabbatical ;) nmvshields ash 6/1/04 4:18 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.