Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo2 (PC) release
Posted By: Bill Huebner <bill.huebner@tenethealth.com>Date: 3/17/04 6:13 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo2 (PC) release (Shishka)

I was only hoping for educated guesses and rampant speculation. Those are what make discussions interesting and enjoyable. I thank you all for thoughtful, polite and well put replies.

I know that I (and others) would buy multiple and cross-platform copies. So I doubt that keeping the sales exclusive to XBox would be a valid business reason. $'s are $'s, the more you sell, the more you make. The technical reasons do have some merit. The problem is that two years after Halo 2's release that PC's will so far outstrip the hardware capabilities of the Xbox (they already do, just imagine how much then) that a delayed port might not be even as well received as Halo PC was.

Besides, if anyone has high standards and a desire to get EVERYTHING right, it is Bungie.

Imagine them somehow working it so not only can PC and Mac multiplayers play online, but XBox players too?!?!? A concept like that would rock and the only people that care enough about the title enough to make it rock that hard, would be the creators of it. Not someone who was granted a license to port. Bungie loves their creations, no company (cough... cough.. gearbox) can have that same dedication to something that they are recreating at best, modifying at least. I'm not knocking the PC version (at least not too much) I do enjoy it. I do think however, if Bungie had the time and resources (I wouldn't dream of taking them away from what they are doing right now) and Halo CE had been a simultaneous release, it would have changed everything. I will admit, if it had happened that way, it would have probably killed the Xbox as it was a debut title. But that was then and this is now.

One thought keeps coming back to me. IF there was going to be a game company that would do something like this (hat-trick), AND keep it a secret/surprise, from what particular game company would YOU expect that sort of surprise?

Message Index

Replies:

Halo2 (PC) releaseBill Huebner 3/17/04 5:01 p.m.
     Can I hear I "heck yeah"?Scimitarex 3/17/04 5:07 p.m.
           Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?mercury 3/17/04 5:10 p.m.
                 Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?Shishka 3/17/04 5:12 p.m.
                       Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?mercury 3/17/04 5:14 p.m.
                             Oh, I see...mercury 3/17/04 5:17 p.m.
                       Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?botman 3/17/04 5:21 p.m.
                       Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?JakeDaGreat 3/17/04 5:54 p.m.
                       Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?DiscipleN2k 3/24/04 2:49 p.m.
                             On a slightly different note.....GhaleonEB 3/24/04 3:01 p.m.
                             Heh, better late then never, I always say. =D *NM*Scimitarex 3/24/04 3:02 p.m.
                 Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?Dylan 3/17/04 6:27 p.m.
                       No, Sony's Microsoft bigger competitor, not Mac. *NM*Eclarap 3/18/04 5:43 a.m.
                             Booooo. Mac is pwnz! *NM*Mac-daddy 3/18/04 5:03 p.m.
                       Re: Can I hear I "heck yeah"?Shishka 3/18/04 6:18 p.m.
           I dont think it will ever be released...r3c0nxiii 3/17/04 10:38 p.m.
     Re: Halo2 (PC) releasethunderhawk555 3/17/04 5:09 p.m.
     Re: Halo2 (PC) releaseShishka 3/17/04 5:09 p.m.
           Re: Halo2 (PC) releaseXLNC 3/17/04 6:00 p.m.
           Re: Halo2 (PC) releaseBill Huebner 3/17/04 6:13 p.m.
                 Re: Halo2 (PC) releaseShishka 3/17/04 8:18 p.m.
     The Real Question...Rampant Cowboy 3/17/04 5:53 p.m.
           LOL, I know what ya mean! *NM*SketchTeno 3/17/04 8:40 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.