glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Will the Halo Story Bible ever be published?
Posted By: Ciarán <halo@blackice.ie>Date: 11/18/03 4:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Story Page: Deistic Authority (mnemesis)

Once we've all completed Halo: Infinity ;) will the Halo Story Bible actually get publised sometime? I realise that it's probably not in a cohesive state that would warrant publication as a print item at the moment - i.e. it's in an Access database :) - but I imagine that it wouldn't be that hard to put it together into a nice glossy book, kind of like an Encyclopedia Haloica (Halum? Haloa? my Latin's rusty) - or something :)

I mean, look at how Christopher Tolkien milked his father's works - I gave up after about the tenth book when he was disappearing up his own ass comparing revisions of things that got thrown in the bin and were never meant to see the light of day, though I had managed to struggle through nine books of the stuff. Man the things I used to know about the Lay of Beleriand, Beren, Luthien, Morgoth, all that stuff. I still have them somewhere.

Anyway, my point is, there's a real market out here of Halo fans - and for fans read obsessive speculators and collectors of anything that has 'official Halo merchandise' stamped on it :) - who would glady sell their third still-shrink-wrapped copy of Halo for a chance to get their sweaty hands on the Official Halo Story Bible. Think of the profit that could be made :) And all for just dumping a database into print with a couple of pretty pictures :)

I'd buy it :) Hell, I actually considered asking my local Compustore (computer retailer here in Ireland) if they were willing to part with a life-size cardboard Master Chief they have for advertising Halo PC. I may yet go back and do it :) It would look cool in my study, though I'm sure my wife would think it spoiled the decor somewhat :)

Anyway, Brannon, Eric, what do you think? Even if you say something like "we'll think about it", it will mean that there will be hope engendered in the hearts of true Halo story fans. Of course, if you then renege on this albeit somewhat flimsy commitment, you will have to answer to the mob with the pitchforks and burning torches :)

Ciarán.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Story page.7grunts7_hut7 11/17/03 3:32 p.m.
     Re: Halo Story page.Infininja 11/17/03 3:49 p.m.
           My mommy is coolCode 11/17/03 3:54 p.m.
                 Re: My mommy is coolFinn 11/17/03 4:04 p.m.
                       WooHoo!mnemesis 11/17/03 4:08 p.m.
                             Re: WooHoo!Simpsons Rule 11/17/03 4:24 p.m.
                                   Re: WooHoo! - HSP rocks :)Wado SG 11/17/03 5:06 p.m.
                                         Re: WooHoo! - HSP rocks :)Code 11/17/03 5:10 p.m.
                                         Re: WooHoo! - HSP rocks :)Wado SG 11/17/03 11:49 p.m.
                             Re: WooHoo!Socrates 11/17/03 5:40 p.m.
                                   HSP... too much wurds... brain... mush... *NM*halofan141 11/17/03 6:23 p.m.
           Re: Halo Story page.Brannon Boren 11/18/03 12:14 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Story -OTWado SG 11/18/03 12:31 a.m.
                 Mum's the word...Finn 11/18/03 9:10 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Story page.P_40E at school 11/18/03 9:16 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Story page.Eric Trautmann 11/18/03 1:58 p.m.
                       Halo Story Page: Deistic AuthorityFinn 11/18/03 2:09 p.m.
                             Otherworldly Persistence...FriendlyFire 11/18/03 3:01 p.m.
                             Re: Halo Story Page: Deistic AuthorityCiarán 11/18/03 3:19 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Story Page: Deistic AuthorityEric Trautmann 11/18/03 3:39 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Story Page: Deistic Authoritymnemesis 11/18/03 3:50 p.m.
                                               Will the Halo Story Bible ever be published?Ciarán 11/18/03 4:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: Will the Halo Story Bible ever be published?Eric Trautmann 11/18/03 6:12 p.m.
                                                           Re: Will the Halo Story Bible ever be published?KOPD 11/18/03 6:16 p.m.
                                                           Re: Will the Halo Story Bible ever be published?Ross Mills [subnova] 11/18/03 9:12 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Will the Halo Story Bible ever be published?Eric Trautmann 11/19/03 9:32 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Will the Halo Story Bible ever be published?Ross Mills [subnova] 11/20/03 7:25 p.m.
                                                     GOD I hope NOT!Vid Boi 11/20/03 6:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.