Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

V2.1
Posted By: Yayap the grunt <andyfaulkes@aol.com>Date: 10/18/03 10:14 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Scavenger Hunt FAQ V2 (Yayap the grunt)

If you are reading this, then you are obviously confused about this hunt - just like many other people. So I have taken the opportunity to create a small guide/FAQ about the whole contest. Outlined below are the basics of what we do know, and how to go about starting a hunt yourself. I think the main problem that everyone seems to be having is the vagueness of the ordeal, and an example, so everyone knows what to look out for. I have compiled a short guide on what to do. If this is for you, (or you are bored!) read on my friend...

By ‘Online Halo’, Bungie would be referring to the many different Halo related websites – the hunt is NOT within the game Halo. I would suggest (if you have the time, or are really serious about the hunt) going through the list of what could be considered as major Halo sites on the HBO links page. Sites like Subnova, RedvsBlue, Battleground Halo, 7th column, etc – however, these are examples – I am not saying necessarily that there is a trinket there.

Now, I will give examples of what to look out for. One is a text based trinket, whilst the other is a picture link based one.

If you go to http://halo.bungie.org/misc/tghshrules.html in the top left corner where the random picture comes up, if you keep pressing refresh, eventually you will come across a weird circular picture that is a link to a page. This is the insaccarto - the compass. This was an instant win prize, now claimed.

Recently, to inspire the masses again and to lift what had become an ailing hunt, Louis released an example for a trinket that was over at Battleground: Halo. This one was in the form of text. First, go here http://www.3dactionplanet.com/halo/ and go to the FAQ on the left-hand side of the main page, under the Halo title. You will find a trinket. You will need to scroll down to the very bottom of the page, then scroll up a few questions, until you see ‘What is the 5th trinket? East.’ This is not something that could have easily been found, just like the insaccarto – so this shows how hard you will need to look.

There will be many hints posted by Chelsea Bridge (the quiz creator) over the next few weeks, up until the hunt is solved and all the prizes have been claimed. Just like the hints that were given for the Megg hunt (but obviously not by Chelsea), they are very obscure, and will take all your brain power to even begin to comprehend.

Below is a list of clues given by Chelsea so far, as of 10.18.03.

(10.6.03)
What to save and what to throw away?
None of it and all of it.
It won't be so hard this time, I promise.
Truly,
Chelsea

(10.7.03)
You know what they say.
Egli attuatori vittoria mai.
That's what I hear, anyway.
Truly,
Chelsea

(10.10.03)
340 - Ciphers Seeking Solutions: LOOKING FOR DIRECTION IN YOUR LIFE?
SWF ISO ANY ADVENTUROUS CARTOGRAPHER, MUST LOVE OBSCURE REFERENCES AND DEAD LANGUAGES, D&DF, NS, NO BAGGAGE OR OUTLANDISH THEORIES, WILL TRAVEL TO MEET, CALL ANYTIME 777-7777
ALL APPLICANTS WELCOME

(10.11.03)
My prizes are drying up so quickly, it's parching.
If I could make my own worlds, I could hide out there until things passed. Maybe I'm doing that now, in my rampant old age.
The more you search for me, the closer you get. There's not much time. Cartographers abound as the end gets closer.
Truly,
Chelsea

(10.16.03)
“The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.”
That's what they say.
How coincidental that you're looking for directions to the trinkets. In a more oriented universe, one might just find that humourous.
Truly,
Chelsea

(10.16.03)
Ah, but I'm a misleading person, though, aren't I? Don't search too hard, or you might let slip through what you're looking for.
I'm just looking for the path, that's all.
"Eat the path." I know I got that one right.
Truly,
Chelsea

Make of these as you wish…

FAQ

Q. Where are these trinkets?
A. They are links or pictures or just plain text. However, finding them is the challenge. You will know when you find one.

Q. What do they look like?
A. They are links in all different forms hidden all over the Halo online community. This could be in the form of a picture that will take you somewhere, or perhaps a word.

Q. How do the prizes work?
A. Main prizes are awarded to the first seven people who can find all of the main ones. All other people who submit after these seven people will be entered into a random draw, for one smaller prize.

Q. What are these 'instant win' things?
A. The instant win prizes are for the first person to find one of the special links, like the insaccarto i explained above. Unfortunately, it is now too late to get an instant win prize, they have all been claimed.

Q. Who is Chelsea Bridge?
A. Chelsea created the hunt, therefore knows everything about it. She is the Quiz Master for many Bungie related competitions in the past, ones for all different Bungie games. She is not a Bungie employee however and has minimal contact with Bungie. She is a master of riddles, puzzles and cryptic clues.

Q. I haven’t been a Bungie fan for very long and therefore don’t know much about them. Will I still be able to do the hunt?
A. Yes. You do not need to be a Bungie follower for years and years to be able to do this. It is purely a hunt for words/pictures/links and will have nothing to do with old Bungie trivia.

Q. I cant find any trinkets in Halo? What’s going on?
A. This is because ‘Online Halo’ does not mean in Halo the game. You need to search through online Halo web sites.

One last point before I leave, if you think you have found a trinket, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! If you tell everyone, they may then have the last one they need to win. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Happy Hunting!

Y-the-G

Message Index

Replies:

The Halo Scavenger hunt - a short FAQ.Yayap the grunt 10/7/03 1:09 p.m.
     Re: The Halo Scavenger hunt - a short FAQ.Konrad9 10/7/03 1:37 p.m.
           wOOt! I made the front page! Thanks Louis. *NM*Yayap the grunt 10/7/03 2:05 p.m.
                 ThanksMantis22 10/7/03 8:15 p.m.
     Halo Scavenger Hunt FAQ V2Yayap the grunt 10/18/03 8:53 a.m.
           Re: Halo Scavenger Hunt FAQ V2Yayap the grunt 10/18/03 8:59 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Scavenger Hunt FAQ V2Louis Wu 10/18/03 9:51 a.m.
                       Re: Halo Scavenger Hunt FAQ V2Yayap the grunt 10/18/03 9:58 a.m.
                             V2.1Yayap the grunt 10/18/03 10:14 a.m.
                                   Added - thanks! *NM*Louis Wu 10/18/03 10:23 a.m.
                                   A translationErnie 10/24/03 7:19 p.m.
                                         Re: A translationMichael M. 10/25/03 12:03 a.m.
                                               Re: A translationGoG-Mercury 10/25/03 3:56 p.m.
                                         Re: A translationMichael M. 10/31/03 1:36 p.m.
                                               You're making me use it AGAIN?Louis Wu 10/31/03 2:28 p.m.
                                                     Re: You're making me use it AGAIN?Michael M. 10/31/03 2:51 p.m.
                                                           Your stupidity soils my thread.Yayap the grunt 10/31/03 4:46 p.m.
           But I thought...gspawn 10/18/03 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: But I thought...Yayap the grunt 10/18/03 10:51 a.m.
                 Re: But I thought...Louis Wu 10/18/03 12:16 p.m.
                       Re: But I thought...gspawn 10/18/03 4:21 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.