Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi M
Posted By: hehbo2k3 <hehbo2k2@fuckWindowsXP.com>Date: 8/19/03 1:34 a.m.

In Response To: Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi Maps" (Doug Radcliffe)

: Hey guys!

: Want to thank everyone who submitted tips for the Halo PC book. There are
: tons of your tips all over the guide. The community was invaluable for
: making it a great guide and I want to thank all who helped out. The guide
: has a lot of cool surprises and I think everyone will be pleased. We're in
: the home stretch now, but one tip request remains!

: If you have any multiplayer map tips, send them in! There are a lot of
: Sidewinder and Blood Gulch tips out there so don't neglect the smaller,
: mostly FFA maps.

: Send them to doug_radcliffe@yahoo.com as soon as you can!

: Thanks!

: Doug Radcliffe

cool, i much prefer posting though.

Well here is one, in the level wizzard, go right in front of an overshield. Throw a rocket on the floor nearest the wall and get the oversheild, then jump over the frag granade. While pushing forward, the boost from the rocket should have given your jump enough energy and height to stand on the crooked edge under the window like thing.

I've gotten quite good at this now and can usually do it on the 1st try. It allowes you to have a great vantage point and surprise other players with where you are. Also if your timing is right the oversheild would have been charging during your jump so you would sustain 0 damage.

Another tip would be for Battle Creek. On the red base (the base that has the larger windows), you are able to jump and then crouch at the end of the jump (from over the flagpole), which will allow you to stand in one of the windows. This has multiple advantages, including escaping with the flag easier, or getting to your oppenent faster. It also has a huge element of surprise if you are camping there with the rocket and the flag-stealer goes strolling by, unaware :D.

Boarding Action: go to the top level (5) of any side. There should be a black triangular structure sticking off of the side of the ship, hanging above and to the left of the overshield area. The slope looks steep, but if you step onto it you can climb to the top and gave a GREAT place to snipe at unsuspecing passers by!

Also, I think, if this tip has not been submitted yet: you should mention telefragging. How you can stand on the tele pad, and when someone tries to teleport your screen turns slightly white. You can then proceed to step backwards and melee the unlucky individual in the back of the head! Also you may note that if you try to teleport, and you get a note saying "Telepad Blocked", then you should STEP AWAY IMMEDIATELY or someone else will pull off that very same cruel trick on you.

hope you like some of these, I know they have all aided me immensely in the Xbox version while playing my friends.

and a note to other xbox players: since the halo PC version has vehicle respawning, blocking the telepad in larger levels with a vehicle will no longer be very effective, since it would just disappear and respawn at the base again later. :(. I know if I am a server i will turn that setting default OFF!!!!!

Message Index

Replies:

Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi Maps"Doug Radcliffe 8/19/03 12:49 a.m.
     Re: Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi Mhehbo2k3 8/19/03 1:34 a.m.
           Re: Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi Mhehbo2k3 8/19/03 1:35 a.m.
           Re: Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi MShishka 8/19/03 1:42 a.m.
           Re: Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi MLouis Wu 8/19/03 4:43 a.m.
     Re: Halo PC Strategy Guide - Home Stretch "Multi MChester The Deystroyer 8/19/03 8:20 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.