Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax Nimbus
Posted By: KillGore <pgo1@zdnetmail.com>Date: 9/30/99 12:46 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax Nimbus (Ronin)

> Well I have a mac, and a pc. And I have no problems with the
> games to play, but im thinking that we should do Team Fortress
> Classic. Team Fortress Classic is a perfect game for halo
> training. I play half life all the time, and i used to suck, but
> if you play around two hours a week. then everyone here will be
> ready for Halo. You have to think in Team Fortress, like your
> position, and traps. That will be good in halo, looking at the
> arsenal that is in the game. So i say we should use TFC, but I
> dont know about Tribes. I have never tried it so that may be
> better.

As much as TFC might apply to Halo, from everything we've read it appears that Tribes is a bit more like it. I play both and as good as TFC is, Tribes is also at least as good (IMHO). Tribes has teamplay and you have to think there too (like your position and traps). You also have to evolve your gameplay to the needs of the team. Give Tribes a shot, I think you'll like it. And consider joining Pax Nimbus.

Furthermore, we aren't planning on being "Tribes only", we will evolve and participate in whatever games necessary to build our skills. We are mainly focusing on Tribes at the moment because it is the most Halo-like from our reading.

>its your call wirehead.

Actually it's more the team's call. And Noc is more the lead than Wirehead.

KillGore

Message Index

Replies:

Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax NimbusWirehead 9/29/99 1:48 a.m.
     Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax NimbusThe_Hunter 9/29/99 9:40 a.m.
           Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax Nimbusdaft shadow 9/29/99 4:57 p.m.
                 shiiiiiiiiiit....deluxe! 9/29/99 8:43 p.m.
                       Ahem...General Leo 9/29/99 9:38 p.m.
                             NO PLATFORM WARS PLEASE...Wirehead 9/30/99 4:56 a.m.
                                   Re: NO PLATFORM WARS PLEASE...Dan Rudolph 9/30/99 9:23 a.m.
                       *sigh*Ben Schodek 9/29/99 9:50 p.m.
                       *cough*Noctavis 9/30/99 9:19 a.m.
                       If I were you I wouldn't have said that!Manu 9/30/99 10:57 a.m.
                 Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax NimbusRonin 9/30/99 11:32 a.m.
                       Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax NimbusRonin 9/30/99 11:37 a.m.
                             Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax Nimbusdaft shadow 9/30/99 6:05 p.m.
                       Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax NimbusKillGore 9/30/99 12:46 p.m.
                             Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax NimbusCannibal Harry 9/30/99 2:26 p.m.
     Re: Pre-halo training: Announcing the Pax NimbusForensic 9/29/99 10:52 a.m.
           Re: Mac teamplay optionsMark Levin 9/29/99 11:05 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.