Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Which Consoles for Halo?
Posted By: Hippieman <hippieman@bungie.org>Date: 9/24/99 12:39 p.m.

In Response To: Which Consoles for Halo? (Loren Petrich)

> The only problem I see is in the abundantly detailed landscape
> and surroundings -- I'm wondering if that's too much for either
> the Dreamcast or the PSX2.

I doubt it, as stated on the Story page, with a whole 32 megs of ram devoted to the game, I think it can push it. Hell, just look at some of the PSX games now, they have elaborate leves and scenery, and still run. I hope it dosn't go for the Dreamcast, for several reasons, the main reason, that is the WORST controler I have ever seen (well, except for the Jaguar).

But with these ports this brings up an interesting question. Often we have debated about how the player could communicate with either AI controled Troops, or multiplayer, each time we depended on having some 94 (+ or - a few) Keyboard keys at our disposal. But on a Consol game your limited much more so. Either you bring up a menu, which removes the ability to move during that time (which REALLY SUCKS, to be killed while ordering troops) or you have control key combinations that make Tekin 3 look as easy as pie (yes I know some of you Tekin 3 is as easy as pie, just go with me here ok!). So, whats it gonna be Bungie? hows this going to work? The special "Halo" PSX game controler? An interface so brillently crafted no human can comprehend it yet? What?

-Hip

Message Index

Replies:

Which Consoles for Halo?Loren Petrich 9/24/99 6:26 a.m.
     Re: Which Consoles for Halo?Schmiddtchen 9/24/99 10:17 a.m.
     Re: Which Consoles for Halo?Hippieman 9/24/99 12:39 p.m.
           Dreamcast has keyboard and browser(NT)Freewill 9/25/99 3:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.