/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One Illustra
Posted By: Vaxuum BOBDate: 5/27/03 4:16 a.m.

In Response To: Re: MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One Illustra (Scifiteki)

: Hm. Indeed, interesting. The dream sequences were, I felt, particularly
: effective, as was the interpretation of the Pfhor. However, I did think
: the start was somewhat weak, and perhaps a little confused. Your idea of
: the interlinking of the pfhor and the human was good and original, but...
: Not quite as clear as it could have been.

Actually, interlinking pfhor and human actions is still an idea. This story can stand alone, but I rather plan on continuing it, since it is rather open ended. So the whole combined pfhor/human story is only at its premices here. Well, that's what I'd like to do, but I haven't done much lately, being in the middle of my exams and stuff. So I guess you could say its intentionnaly not clear, in that sense, it's nice to see you can at least notice it when reading.

: BOB, do you understand the difference between the words 'concience' and
: 'conciousness'? I think you've used the first twice (once at the
: beginning, once at the end) when you should have used the other.

I guess I do ;-)
I speak french, originally, so I might be wrong. The way I understand the difference between the words is: Consciousness is more or less synonimous with awareness, that is, the fact that you know what is happening to you, around you. Conscience is a sort of morale carved in your spirit, telling you what's right or wrong. It depends on your education, your way of thinking and so on. So it is quite logical to say: "I am Conscious of the fact that I have a conscience".
Well, the recurring theme might just be: who dictates one's conscience. Of course this is all extrapolations but it could be fun to find out the human has no more freedom of action than the pfhor, or something like that. That is how you might understand the word "conscience" in the outro mystical text (if that was the second one you are mentionning), but its basically just left up to the reader to understand. I don't see what other use of the word I made where might I have misused it?

: Otherwise, a neat and original story. I'm sorry if that comes off harsh, but
: If you're like me you'll appreciate an honest, scathing review than a
: mindless, 'yeah, cool.' :D

I most certainly do not percieve it as being "harsh" (your review), Although I don't fully comprehend you (at times only, for example: when you don't use the word "scathing" :-) I'm glad you liked it, and even the more happy you didn't understand it wholly. I don't. ;D

: Gotta love all that subversive Bungie content I sneak into my school
: assignments.

That fan fict is a university assignment, English Class. :D

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One Illustrated!Ernie 5/25/03 1:10 p.m.
     Love the Matrix-Marathon logo. :-) *NM*ukimalefu 5/25/03 3:51 p.m.
     Re: MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One IllustraScifiteki 5/25/03 9:49 p.m.
           Re: MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One IllustraVaxuum BOB 5/27/03 4:16 a.m.
                 Re: MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One IllustraScifiteki 5/28/03 1:32 a.m.
           Re: MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One IllustraVaxuum BOB 6/3/03 1:03 a.m.
     Re: MaraFF updated w/ two new stories One IllustraD-M.A. 6/2/03 10:07 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.