/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Oh, and about Bernard vs. Bernhard....
Posted By: poena.dare #CP#Date: 1/9/03 6:44 a.m.

In Response To: A Tale of Three AIs and One Mad Scientist (poena.dare #CP#)

Hamish wrote:

Bernard or Bernhard? Both names are used in the story. Durandal refers to a Bernhard Strauss (on three occasions). However, there is also the log of Bernard Strauss, the Marathon's first science director, and Tycho also
makes reference to a Bernard St~~~. The later two are presumed to be the same person. But are Bernard Strauss and Bernhard Strauss two different people? Unlikely given the fact that the terminal text of Bernard Strauss' log in the resource fork is identified as

L201 Refuel.BERNHARDSTRAUSS.TERM1

suggesting that they are one in the same person. The most likely explanation for this difference is that two or more people had a hand in writing the terminal text and this discrepancy was never corrected.

Yes they are the same person and I know why.

The 'H' key on a standard keyboard is right above the 'N' key.

Countless times last night I was typing 'Bernard' and it came out 'Bernhard' because I ended up mashing the 'N' and 'H' keys at the same time. I don't know why I never got 'Berhnard', though.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A Tale of Three AIs and One Mad Scientistpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 12:39 a.m.
     Re: A Tale of Three AIs and One Mad ScientistTodd 1/9/03 2:01 a.m.
           Re: A Tale of Three AIs and One Mad ScientistCybergeek 1/9/03 7:53 p.m.
     Re: A Tale of Three AIs and One Mad Scientistcompiler 1/9/03 2:24 a.m.
           Tycho's Dumnesspoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 4:47 a.m.
                 Re: Tycho's DumnessHamish Sinclair 1/9/03 5:10 a.m.
     Oh, and about Bernard vs. Bernhard....poena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 6:44 a.m.
           Re: Oh, and about Bernard vs. Bernhard....Hamish Sinclair 1/9/03 7:23 a.m.
     Re: A Tale of Three AIs and One Mad ScientistD-M.A. 1/13/03 11:23 p.m.
           Re: A Tale of Three AIs and One Mad Scientistpoena.dare #CP# 1/14/03 3:24 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.