/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I just read all of the volunteer posts :D
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 11/5/02 6:47 a.m.

In Response To: I just read all of the volunteer posts :D (Cotton Mouse)

: it really FUBAR's the chance for a sequal with that
: ending. :(

But that was the point - Bungie wanted to put the Marathon project to bed and start work on the Myth trilogy. This is even hinted at somewhere in the credits screens, as I recall. But that didn't preclude 3rd party scenarios at all. In fact, it encourages them and opens up whole new possibilities based on the premise of multiple timelines. In other words, it now becomes possible to choose any reality as the starting point for a sequel. Take Rubicon, for example, which basically assumes that Infinity restored the original M2 timeline and uses that as the starting point.

You are thinking too linearly. Sequels (or prequils) can occur at any point in time and in any alternate reality. Also, remember that the final screens for all 3 scenarios discuss the future, well beyond the timelines of the M trilogy.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Some things I never understood about InfinityCotton Mouse 11/3/02 6:35 p.m.
     Re: Some things I never understood about InfinitySteve Levinson 11/3/02 7:05 p.m.
           Re: Some things I never understood about InfinityCotton Mouse 11/4/02 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: Some things I never understood about InfinityScifiteki 11/4/02 11:40 a.m.
                       Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?poena.dare #CP# 11/4/02 11:58 a.m.
                             Re: Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?Steve Levinson 11/4/02 2:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?Hamish Sinclair 11/5/02 10:30 a.m.
                                         Re: Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?Hamish Sinclair 11/5/02 10:36 a.m.
                       Re: Some things I never understood about InfinitySteve Levinson 11/4/02 3:00 p.m.
                             Re: Some things I never understood about InfinityMaxX 11/4/02 3:36 p.m.
                                   I just read all of the volunteer posts :DCotton Mouse 11/5/02 5:33 a.m.
                                         Re: I just read all of the volunteer posts :DSteve Levinson 11/5/02 6:47 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.