/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Some things I never understood about Infinity
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 11/3/02 7:05 p.m.

In Response To: Some things I never understood about Infinity (Cotton Mouse)

: When I go from helping Durandal to helping Tycho, is Tycho
: kidnapping me, am I going to an alternate reality... what?
: Which levels are dreams? This stuff is really confusing me,
: and I think that by knowing what the hell's going on will help
: me enjoy the game better.

You and a lot of people! I doubt that many of us had a clue the first time we played Infinity, which is probably why it ranks behind M2 and M1 in popularity - too schizophrenic. In any case, all will be clear if you go to the Volunteers Series Website, right here on the story forum. Just scroll down to the Infinity levels and read the discussion on the meaning of each level. I recommend that you play each level before you read the associated posts, as there are potential spoilers here, but the flow will become clear.

To give you a brief summary here, the release of the W'rcacnter creates chaos in the space-time continuum. This allows you to jump from reality to reality, sampling different possible timelines until you find the one true timeline that holds the W'rcacnter at bay. It is believed that you possess Jjaro implants and that this allows you to receive messages from the Jjaro in your dreams, helping to guide you on your exploration of reality. The dream levels are pretty easy to recognize - they present a seemingly unrelated story about you and a knife . . . I'll let you figure that connection out on your own. The different realities you explore include being abducted from the Marathon by Tycho rather than Durandal, the timing of the activation of Thoth and the nature of Durandal's destruction. All of these things turn out to be important, and the final true path is probably not what you think it is.

Good luck, and enjoy the game!

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Some things I never understood about InfinityCotton Mouse 11/3/02 6:35 p.m.
     Re: Some things I never understood about InfinitySteve Levinson 11/3/02 7:05 p.m.
           Re: Some things I never understood about InfinityCotton Mouse 11/4/02 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: Some things I never understood about InfinityScifiteki 11/4/02 11:40 a.m.
                       Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?poena.dare #CP# 11/4/02 11:58 a.m.
                             Re: Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?Steve Levinson 11/4/02 2:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?Hamish Sinclair 11/5/02 10:30 a.m.
                                         Re: Where is that Infinity Timeline/Plot Chart?Hamish Sinclair 11/5/02 10:36 a.m.
                       Re: Some things I never understood about InfinitySteve Levinson 11/4/02 3:00 p.m.
                             Re: Some things I never understood about InfinityMaxX 11/4/02 3:36 p.m.
                                   I just read all of the volunteer posts :DCotton Mouse 11/5/02 5:33 a.m.
                                         Re: I just read all of the volunteer posts :DSteve Levinson 11/5/02 6:47 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.