/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I HAVE IT -WOO! (not-very-OT)
Posted By: DonPistolaDate: 9/4/02 8:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: I HAVE IT -WOO! (Claude Errera)

: Hmm. Ernie uploaded the file yesterday, and I moved it to the Archives, but
: haven't added it to the db yet. I told him he was welcome to publicize it
: - guess I caught him already offline.

: You can grab the entire preview (I didn't break out the sound file) here via
: either ftp or http:
: ftp://ftp3.bungie.org/archives/m2.tools/M2_preview.sit
: http://archives2.bungie.org/m2.tools/M2_preview.sit

: When I get the chance, I'll add this to the Archives database, so it'll be
: findable in the search page.

: It's 11 megs, for those who worry about such things.

Man, that thing's eerie.
It's like Marathon 2 with M1 Pfhor graphics...
And as far as I can tell, no one has mentioned anywhere the fact that you can't swim, and that instead you can run underwater just as if you were on land. Guess they hadn't quite gotten the liquid engine perfected when they released this. =D
And your fist! It looks like you're drunk or something, it goes halfway across the screen when you punch! Anyway.
Sounds. The "clunk" sound (punching a drone) seems to be the one from M1.
Oh, and that Durandal song from another thread finished loading just when I hit the switch that opens the door to the pool (you know, behind the secret door in one of the rooms with the drones.) So I shot the switch and the music started playing. I thought I'd found the coolest Easter egg ever. XP

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Doug Zartman sounds....Grasshopper 8/30/02 11:53 a.m.
     Re: Doug Zartman sounds....Andrew Nagy 8/30/02 9:26 p.m.
           Re: Doug Zartman sounds....Ernie 8/31/02 7:38 a.m.
                 Where can I get the Marathon 2 Preview?Grasshopper 8/31/02 11:40 a.m.
                       Re: Where can I get the Marathon 2 Preview?D-M.A. 9/1/02 1:40 a.m.
                             I HAVE IT -WOO!Ernie 9/1/02 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!Grasshopper 9/1/02 12:18 p.m.
                                   Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!Scifiteki 9/1/02 4:42 p.m.
                                         Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!D-M.A. 9/2/02 2:41 a.m.
                                               Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!:: Beer Can :: 9/2/02 9:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!Claude Errera 9/3/02 2:53 a.m.
                                                           Claude to the rescue!Grasshopper 9/3/02 1:18 p.m.
                                                           Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!Callie21V 9/3/02 4:30 p.m.
                                                                 Kudos! More Kudos!Ernie 9/3/02 6:47 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Kudos! More Kudos!Grasshopper 9/4/02 8:46 a.m.
                                                           Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!:: Beer Can :: 9/4/02 1:33 a.m.
                                                                 Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!Claude Errera 9/4/02 7:54 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!:: Beer Can :: 9/4/02 10:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: I HAVE IT -WOO!Callie21V 9/4/02 4:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: I HAVE IT -WOO! (not-very-OT)DonPistola 9/4/02 8:11 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.