/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A tribute of sorts...
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 8/13/02 8:59 a.m.

In Response To: Re: A tribute of sorts... (C Lund)

: But on the other hand, if he was payed enough...
: Is there a market for a poster-sized version of the endscreen?

There have been several requests now. There clearly is a market - the questions is what will happen to that market if you charge a market rate. Unfortunately, I won't be in the market, as my wife would veto displaying it at home and it would violate certain "expectations" in my office (but maybe on the back of my door . . .).

I suspect that you could probably find someone to volunteer to do some of the graphics work if Scott still has the raw files that went into that final screen. I tried playing around with it in Photoshop, with fair results. I can quadruple the linear resolution and double the size (an 8X increase) using simple cubic spline interpolation and edge sharpening with little degredation to the appearance of the hands. The vertical edges on the sword still appear sharp, but the curved hilt suffers from pixilation, as do some of the graphic elements. Worst affected is the lettering. In order to make a full-size poster, you would need to scale upward by at least another factor of 2. But, then, Scott is a graphic artist. Given the raw files with all of the layers sparated out, it should be fairly easy to do this. If he no longer has these, it could take some time.

The question is what people would be willing to pay. Would people be willing to pay more if it were signed by Chris and Scott and individually numbered? Our graphics department would charge $30 just to print the finished poster on one of their large ink jet printers. I estimate that a fair market price for something like this overall to be around a hundred U.S.D. That's pretty steep for the budgets of many of the forum's readers.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenSteve Levinson 8/11/02 3:59 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenYossarian 8/11/02 4:49 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenSteve Levinson 8/11/02 6:24 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenScifiteki 8/12/02 1:22 a.m.
                 A tribute of sorts...Ernie 8/12/02 2:51 a.m.
                       Nice! Re: A tribute of sorts... *NM*Pillar 8/12/02 12:26 p.m.
                       Re: A tribute of sorts...C Lund 8/13/02 7:54 a.m.
                             Re: A tribute of sorts...Steve Levinson 8/13/02 8:59 a.m.
                                   Re: A tribute of sorts...Sean 9/20/02 6:38 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenSteve Levinson 8/12/02 4:12 p.m.
                       Oops - let’s try it again!Steve Levinson 8/12/02 4:54 p.m.
           Re: Wat OT, but Yossarian...Tycho 8/12/02 5:13 p.m.
                 no, and not sure. sorry. *NM*Yossarian 8/12/02 8:13 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenKanen Faud'r 8/12/02 11:56 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenSteve Levinson 8/12/02 6:14 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenSean 9/20/02 6:34 p.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Final ScreenSteve Levinson 9/20/02 8:38 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.