/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Toadstools
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/12/02 4:52 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Toadstools (REB)

: And perhaps even Trojan? Mind you, Trojan may not be the most
: popular TC, but definitely it's the best one.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it is certainly outstanding and holds a candle to any other TC that's come out since. I've only played it through once, and then only on Normal. I would have played it several times by now if it had been ported to the Infinity and AO engines, but it's doubtful that I'll revisit it as an M1 TC now that I'm almost exclusively runnint OS X. It's a damn shame that the developers refuse to allow anyone to port it to AO. I understand where they're coming from, but it's a bit like refusing to let your song be ported from vinyl to a CD - it will fade into oblivion. If I knew how to convert windows versions to the Mac, I'd do the conversion for my own personal use.

: Only E:MR accomplished as much as Trojan - Trojan's sprites look more
: polished, though.

E:MR is amazing, but you're right about the sprites. Don't underestimate the accomplishments of Rubicon, though. It may look like another Marathon scenario, but the sprites are all new. Rubicon is as polished as anything out there.

: I think M:R is the one that's going to surpass any Marathon TC so far,
: when it's done.

It looks promising, not that you can get a look at it currently ;-)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsSteve Levinson 7/11/02 8:39 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsAgent Shem 7/11/02 5:03 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsScott 7/11/02 10:56 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 8:04 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsRincewind MoG 7/12/02 11:55 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 2:21 p.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsREB 7/12/02 3:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsSteve Levinson 7/12/02 4:52 p.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsRincewind MoG 7/13/02 9:46 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsC Lund 7/12/02 10:11 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsInverted Sock Puppet 7/12/02 7:45 p.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsC Lund 7/13/02 1:18 a.m.
                             Re: Rubicon Volunteers - ToadstoolsInverted Sock Puppet 7/14/02 8:56 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.