/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)
Posted By: Claude ErreraDate: 5/17/02 7:11 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler) (REB)

: The thing with Stephen King is that he copies himself all the time. Every now
: and then he publish something decent, followed by 20 clones of the same
: thing. He writes for the money, that's the way it is.

: Next time you have some free time, Claude, try reading something from Victor
: Hugo (Notre-dame de Paris,) Edgar Allan Poe (The Tell-Tale Heart,) Fyodor
: Dostoyevsky (House of the Dead,) Ernest Hemingway (Death in the
: Afternoon,) William Faulkner (The Sound and the Fury,) Jerzy Kosinski (The
: Painted Bird) or anyone else that actually care about what they produce.

lol - you'd be surprised what I've already got under my belt. :)

Hugo I never liked very much.

I went through a Poe phase in high school - read pretty much everything published widely. I go back and read some of it again, periodically... I like him a lot. ;)

Dostoyevsky I read quite a bit of... in Russian. (Then again in English - because my Russian wasn't great.) Another good writer.

Faulkner I never liked... except for some of his weirder pieces. (Ever read 'A Rose for Emily?' :) )

Kosinski wrote some amazing stuff. Being There was a great book, and an equally great (for different reasons) movie. Mostly, though, he became a bit too engrossed in himself for me to be interested. :(

There are TONS of good authors out there. Just because King is on my list doesn't mean more 'classic' writers aren't. I'll continue to disagree that he repeats himself as you suggest.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/15/02 5:38 p.m.
     Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Claude Errera 5/16/02 6:55 a.m.
           Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Hamish Sinclair 5/16/02 7:21 a.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Claude Errera 5/16/02 7:30 a.m.
           Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Still Thinking 5/16/02 2:46 p.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)M-Class 5/16/02 7:30 p.m.
           Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/16/02 10:56 p.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)El Bastard™ 5/17/02 12:31 p.m.
                       Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/17/02 4:26 p.m.
                             Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Dan Johnson 5/18/02 3:52 p.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Yossarian 5/17/02 1:18 p.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Tru7h 5/17/02 3:39 p.m.
                       Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/17/02 4:59 p.m.
                             Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)M-Class 5/17/02 6:26 p.m.
                             Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Tru7h 5/17/02 6:51 p.m.
                                   Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/17/02 9:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Tru7h 5/18/02 5:02 a.m.
                                               Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/18/02 8:49 p.m.
                             Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Claude Errera 5/17/02 7:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/17/02 9:28 p.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Claude Errera 5/17/02 7:11 p.m.
     Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Tempus Fugee 5/17/02 8:05 a.m.
           Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/17/02 3:11 p.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Inky 5/18/02 6:07 a.m.
                       Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/18/02 9:12 p.m.
     Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)John Denton 5/23/02 4:22 p.m.
           Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)Wagner 5/28/02 9:45 p.m.
                 Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)John Denton 5/29/02 12:44 p.m.
                       Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)DataSpot 5/30/02 7:18 p.m.
                             Re: Ferazel and The Bungie Influence (Spoiler)REB 5/30/02 7:42 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.