/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A qestion of free will
Posted By: PedrofDate: 2/18/02 10:39 a.m.

In Response To: Re: A qestion of free will (Callie21V)

: Wasn't there supposed to be a scenario in the works called Marathon: Leela?
: Anyone know what the plot was on that?

Shit! That was me! I thought everyone had totally forgotten about it. I started it about 2 years back, with the basic premise that you decided to go with Leela, mainly because Durandal was more damaged in the original Marathon attack, but that he survived and stole the Pfhor scout ship a la M2. Tycho also went to the Pfhor as in the original storyline. You then went off with Leela in another Pfhor ship (I never decided how or why she got it), but at some point in a mission, you are captured, and if memory serves me correctly, the first level was on a Pfhor ship, with you and some BOBs awaking from stasis to find all hell breaking loose because Leela is attacking the ship.

At some point during the story the player was going to have the actual choice of who to go with: Leela (not rampant (yet?)), Durandal and the S'pht, and I may even have worked in an option to go with Tycho (who would have rebelled against the Pfhor after seeing your power), and that this would have differing results/endings. Basically I wanted the marine to finally have some choice in his fate (destiny...). Ah yes, t'was a good story.

To be honest, I created about 2 levels for it, mainly because I was doing it for Windows95, meaning there was a total dearth of software I could use, basically just Obed, and frankly it sucks. I'm not even sure if I've still got a copy of the maps. :(

If only those foolish PC owners had embraced M2, I would have some useful editing tools.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

"Leela got what she deserved, and so will you."darky 2/15/02 6:41 a.m.
     Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.zudo 2/15/02 8:00 a.m.
           Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Hamish Sinclair 2/17/02 11:23 a.m.
                 Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Tycho7en 2/17/02 12:23 p.m.
                       Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Hamish Sinclair 2/17/02 12:47 p.m.
                             A qestion of free willSteve Levinson 2/17/02 1:19 p.m.
                                   Re: A qestion of free willPedrof 2/17/02 4:53 p.m.
                                         Re: A qestion of free willarchon 2/17/02 9:13 p.m.
                                         Re: A qestion of free willdarky 2/18/02 2:44 p.m.
                                   Re: A qestion of free willTru7h 2/17/02 5:16 p.m.
                                   Re: A qestion of free willCallie21V 2/17/02 9:23 p.m.
                                         Re: A qestion of free willPedrof 2/18/02 10:39 a.m.
                                               Re: A qestion of free willSteve Levinson 2/18/02 12:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: A qestion of free willPedrof 2/18/02 2:42 p.m.
                             Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Tycho7en 2/17/02 10:55 p.m.
                                   Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you. *NM*Tycho7en 2/17/02 11:11 p.m.
                                   Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Steve Levinson 2/18/02 6:22 p.m.
                                         Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Tycho7en 2/19/02 9:39 a.m.
                 Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.zudo 2/18/02 9:36 a.m.
     Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Callie21V 2/15/02 6:57 p.m.
           Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Alfred Mordeir 2/15/02 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Karl Boman 2/17/02 11:05 a.m.
                       Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Hamish Sinclair 2/17/02 11:27 a.m.
                             Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/18/02 2:37 p.m.
                                   Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.zudo 2/18/02 4:13 p.m.
                                         Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/18/02 5:07 p.m.
                                               Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/18/02 5:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/18/02 5:19 p.m.
                                                           Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.zudo 2/19/02 10:10 a.m.
                                                           Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Tru7h 2/19/02 2:54 p.m.
                                                                 Duck and Cover! ;) *NM*zudo 2/19/02 3:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Duck and Cover! ;)Pedrof 2/19/02 3:57 p.m.
                                                                 Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/19/02 5:02 p.m.
                                                                       Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Tru7h 2/19/02 8:38 p.m.
                                                                             Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Callie21V 2/19/02 9:44 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/20/02 5:18 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.archon 2/20/02 9:18 a.m.
                                                                             Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/20/02 5:30 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Pedrof 2/20/02 6:43 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/20/02 6:53 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Boomer 2/20/02 7:00 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.archon 2/20/02 9:20 a.m.
                                                                                                     Cloning using Pattern BuffersSteve Levinson 2/20/02 9:39 a.m.
                                                                                                           Brain....melting....*screams* *NM*Pedrof 2/20/02 10:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.zudo 2/21/02 8:49 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.Steve Levinson 2/20/02 9:42 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: "Leela got what she deserved, and so will you.zudo 2/21/02 8:44 a.m.
                                                                                               AT LAST!!!KEFKASNS 2/21/02 6:10 p.m.
                                                                                                     Another shameless plug (Re: AT LAST!!!)Thomas Riisbjerg 2/24/02 12:25 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.