/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted Fro
Posted By: SeanDate: 9/19/02 9:28 p.m.

In Response To: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted Frogs (Steve Levinson)

: This is unusually condescending for Durandal, and it has been the subject
: of much speculation. Durandal may think of us as his pawn or as a pet, but
: he’s also been very appreciative of what we can do for him. He admires
: our killing ability. This is really out of character for him. Could there
: be a Tycho influence here? Could this be Tycho posing as Durandal? I don’t
: think so, but things are definitely a bit askew, as is this whole helping
: Tycho thing. By the way, if you return to the starting terminal after
: getting the chip, you’ll be greeted by:
Good work with the whole "finding the chip" bit, but I'm starting
: to doubt your basic cognitive skills. The exit is ABOVE you. Over THERE.
: UNDERSTAND?

This is another thing that's because of my destructive influences :) Originally, we had terminals written by a guy I simply knew as Max who left early in the project. Scott worked with him a little past that, trying to get the story going, but eventually we had to do the story ourselves. I then rewrote most of the terminals, and they were HORRID. This is the only level I think where you can get a feel for the way I portrayed poor Durandal as a mean guy :( Scott rewrote all the others, and most of the other terminals in this level. But Durandal being a jackass? That was me. Yay. It's the only part that we all agreed actually fit with the story, so we kept it with minor revisions.

To quote Scott, I could just never grasp the character that was Durandal.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted FrogsSteve Levinson 6/20/02 6:28 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted FroSteve Levinson 6/24/02 4:29 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted FroC Lund 6/25/02 3:48 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted FroSteve Levinson 6/25/02 7:36 p.m.
                       Some spoilers :)Scott 6/25/02 8:20 p.m.
                             Re: Some spoilers :)Inverted Sock Puppet 6/26/02 12:58 a.m.
                                   Re: Some spoilers :)C Lund 6/26/02 1:36 a.m.
                                         Re: Some spoilers :)Steve Levinson 6/26/02 7:58 p.m.
                                               Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Levels PuzzleSteve Levinson 7/12/02 7:04 p.m.
                             Re: Some spoilers :)Steve Levinson 6/26/02 7:59 a.m.
                             Re: Some spoilers :)C Lund 6/26/02 3:42 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted FroSteve Levinson 6/29/02 10:18 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted FroInverted Sock Puppet 6/30/02 4:44 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Frog Blasting/Blasted FroSean 9/19/02 9:28 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.