/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & Steal
Posted By: Inverted Sock PuppetDate: 7/9/02 4:02 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & Steal (Steve Levinson)

: You have me beat if you can do it in 3 minutes! There are a lot of enemies on
: the way back up and I can't take them out that quickly.

Well I am playing these levels through on Major Damage and you can jump into the plasma from a fair height to avoid everyone if you're in a big rush.

: Do you mean you never use the map mode at all or you never use it on this
: type of level. Map mode is practically useless in a level like this one
: because there are too many superimposed layers - you just can't tell which
: layer you're on and what things are on what layer. For most levels,
: however, map mode is invaulable - particularly in finding secrets. In the
: scenario D-Day, there is a place on the map on the first major level with
: the label "There is a secret door in this room". If you don't
: switch to map mode, you'll likely miss the door and miss getting the
: fusion pistol, which is a goal for the level. D-Day is clever with this -
: if you fail, you actually have to repeat the first level.

I try to never use the map mode. I have a good sense of direction and I prefer walking around then watching an arrow move around in birds-eye view. The superimposed layers are another reason for not using map mode, it can just get too confusing on certain levels. I think that getting lost is just part of the level and should be taken in your stride. The good part of this is that I see pretty much every part of every level (except secrets) because I don't just go straight from one point to another. I look around. Sometimes (like in this level) I get lucky and can get out quick though. It's just the way I play :)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/4/02 8:08 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/7/02 3:43 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/8/02 7:40 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/9/02 4:02 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealAgent Cletus 7/7/02 8:11 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/7/02 9:47 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealAgent Cletus 7/8/02 5:34 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/8/02 7:02 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/9/02 3:55 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealCallie21V 7/24/02 7:42 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 1/15/03 6:26 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.