/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & Steal
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/8/02 7:40 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & Steal (Inverted Sock Puppet)

: I (as usual) got hopelessly lost in this level the first couple of
: times I played it but replaying it for volunteers I finished it in
: probably about 3 minutes. It's actually very easy to find your
: way about if you have a decent sense of direction.

You have me beat if you can do it in 3 minutes! There are a lot of enemies on the way back up and I can't take them out that quickly.

: I never use the map mode because it can be confusing and
: it's best not to use it for this level. Head up, then head down;
: that's about it.

Do you mean you never use the map mode at all or you never use it on this type of level. Map mode is practically useless in a level like this one because there are too many superimposed layers - you just can't tell which layer you're on and what things are on what layer. For most levels, however, map mode is invaulable - particularly in finding secrets. In the scenario D-Day, there is a place on the map on the first major level with the label "There is a secret door in this room". If you don't switch to map mode, you'll likely miss the door and miss getting the fusion pistol, which is a goal for the level. D-Day is clever with this - if you fail, you actually have to repeat the first level.

: It's not as hard as it sounds. Really.

I didn't say it's hard - just easy to get lost. But if you do take the time to explore, those 2X shield regenerators make the start of FUD much easier.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/4/02 8:08 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/7/02 3:43 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/8/02 7:40 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/9/02 4:02 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealAgent Cletus 7/7/02 8:11 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/7/02 9:47 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealAgent Cletus 7/8/02 5:34 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/8/02 7:02 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/9/02 3:55 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealCallie21V 7/24/02 7:42 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 1/15/03 6:26 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.